BMT twins?

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Hey,

I got a 5’5 Rusty keel twin recently…..it came with Futures T1 honeycombs. These are some tiny twins but luckily the boxes are right back. To my delight it’s actually surfable, and pretty spry. Not enough fin for flatter faces though.

I’ve got some keels coming, but the BMT’s look epic. Anyone using them and liking??

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Bowl Movement Twin.

I haven't tried them but did give them a fondle. They're big. Would be interested to give them a go. Another one to consider in the between-keel-and-upright-twin category would be the NVS Fascination twins.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Hey,

I got a 5’5 Rusty keel twin recently…..it came with Futures T1 honeycombs. These are some tiny twins but luckily the boxes are right back. To my delight it’s actually surfable, and pretty spry. Not enough fin for flatter faces though.

I’ve got some keels coming, but the BMT’s look epic. Anyone using them and liking??
I've been eyeing them off but figured I'll give a set of these a go instead for the price. Should be here today or tomorrow and enough swell to give them a run on Thursday. Also snagged a set of their double foiled keels to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: tedshred5 and Aruka

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Bowl Movement Twin.

I haven't tried them but did give them a fondle. They're big. Would be interested to give them a go. Another one to consider in the between-keel-and-upright-twin category would be the NVS Fascination twins.
Nice one Aruka, they look good. I’ll try to find them over here..

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
I've been eyeing them off but figured I'll give a set of these a go instead for the price. Should be here today or tomorrow and enough swell to give them a run on Thursday. Also snagged a set of their double foiled keels to try.
That is a good price, bloody BMT’s @ $175.

I had a set of their keel/upright twns years ago. Wish I hadn’t sold them.

Reactions: Retropete

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
have not tried but i like the look of these in L size. decent price too.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
BMTs look like a fun template. I’ve actually been tempted by some of Salsa’s twin templates but I can’t bring myself to use G10.

Reactions: Clamsmasher

Clamsmasher

Michael Peterson status
Apr 22, 2013
Nar
Well I went and bought some BMT’s. It hurt paying that much for fins, but fck it.

They are really good.

The keel fish I put them in is an absolute berserker…..the board itself is absolutely not what I expected in terms of feeling or performance….aside from the obvious fish speed, t will go 12’ o’clock on a pushy wave no worries and these fins hold and release just right. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I have some cheap fibreglass k2 style keels coming too so I’ll be able to cover all bases.

some footage of this model in Indo from 0:35.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Is that the 419 fish, Clam?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That comparison is very helpful. BMTs look good, especially for those that like bigger twin fins but don't want to use the EN. It seems like most Futures twins are a variation of the T1. Oh, or the cant is too extreme, like the AMT.

What is the cant like on the BMT?