Oakley Blade style sunglasses.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I know so many people who say and do this.

I’ve always been preferential to good optics and quality frames and have had no problems making sunglasses last. I just finally bought a new pair after well over a decade of daily use. In my old age I require prescription lenses so I do replace the lenses with polarized prescription lenses as my prescription strengthens. Which reminds me, I’m overdo for a visit to the eye doctor.

The next step in my becoming an old man process is getting transition lenses in some old frames I have lying around. It’s a pain carrying two pairs glasses around for long outdoor events that transition from day to night like a baseball game or a wedding. It’d be nice to have one more versatile pair for those occasions, as lame as transition lenses are.
Get some clip ons bro.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I had orange oakley blades in 1986/1987. Grom years. I looked just like Occy. I was so fucking cool.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Occasionally see them on the lycra bicycle crowd when they come through town on the weekends

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Went to a graduation where there were a lot of Hawaiians. Every Hawaiian boy under 19 years old had a mohawk/mullet, oakley blade/sutros and tiny short shorts.
I noticed the same thing.

Short shorts, Oakley blade styles, Crocs and gold chains.

Never thought I'd see the day that Crocs became a fashion item for high school kids.