***Official Real Estate Thread***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Lolz. Great response.

You have trouble accepting reality- feel free to move to Iowa if you think the only value in a home is it’s material quality and square footage :roflmao:
I don’t think that. Your (bugman) reality doesn’t include a sense of continuity between generations because you don’t have kids.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I don’t think that. Your (bugman) reality doesn’t include a sense of continuity between generations because you don’t have kids.
Ah, your old “you don’t know what you’re talking about because your childless” trope. I’m not giving unsolicited parenting advice, so there’s zero reason why that would have any relevance.

Lol, get fucked. You seem like one of the most miserable posters here.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
my folks live in Laguna Niguel..people cold knocking on their door asking them to sell for 2 milli. house is falling apart literally. on a hill thats sliding and all the walls inside are cracking no matter what theyve tried. they fix, a week later they crack. whole devlopment is dealing with it for the houses that are hillside. \

folks still owe money on the place so they likely never going to sell.

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD and grapedrink

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
As was Cardiff and Leucadia in NCSD - and all we ended up with was $2.5M homes with no yard, no ocean view, and next to a trailer park.

you can’t make this chit up.
I remember when I was a teenager, I had numerous friend's parents living on the hill in Cardiff in full on crack dens, literally smoking crack. Those crack dens are now all 3.5M, without a single crackhead in sight. It's kind of sad how much times have changed.

I miss when Cardiff and Leucadia weren't super nice. Glad I got to grow up there when I did, when there were more dead-ends, shitty roads, the occasional horse in a field, and more crack heads.

I bought maybe 8 years ago, and I'm glad I did. No way I'd be able to buy in the area now. Fortunate that I was able to buy my piece a few mins from the ocean; it's changed dramatically, but I still love the area.

drainer

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2009
Lewdcadia
EDIT: Forget to mention . . . . No doubt at least one of these guys, if not all, are milking Section 8 for a significant portion of their portfolio.
This was my first thought as well.

Life would be so much easier if I didn’t surf. Then no need to live in the coastal strip. I wouldn’t be in Phoenix, but maybe Flagstaff or somewhere in Utah. Or Italy. Why does everybody want to live by the beach?
THIS

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Ah, your old “you don’t know what you’re talking about because your childless” trope. I’m not giving unsolicited parenting advice, so there’s zero reason why that would have any relevance.

Lol, get fucked. You seem like one of the most miserable posters here.
Seems like I’ve found the right buttons to push here. If you have child(ren), do you plan on mocking them and telling them to move inland to an ocean of corn when they can’t afford to live in your county? You seem to lack empathy, suggesting you’re turning into a bugman. You are at a crossroads. Choose wisely.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
seems like you probably have a graph to illustrate your point somewhere....whatever that point is
I posted several but you’re too dumb to understand any of them. Don’t trouble yourself with things beyond your capabilities.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Seems like I’ve found the right buttons to push here. If you have child(ren),
I have one on the way. You still haven't articulated why that is somehow relevant to why location matters in real estate. If it didn't there wouldn't be loads of people, with and without children, choosing to overpay to live at the beach in shacks instead of McMansions in the midwest for a fraction of the price.

You lost that argument and resorted to childish personal insults, not me. The sign of a weak man :loser:

do you plan on mocking them and telling them to move inland to an ocean of corn when they can’t afford to live in your county?
No, if that's their choice, so be it. This post implies that you think there is value in living near the beach in an area with good employment opportunities, which is exactly the point I was making before you got butthurt and called me a childless autist. Which is insulting to those who have autism and those who care about them, who don't deserve to be associated with the likes of me.

Either way, I'll be in a financial position to help them live wherever they want, if needed, and if I feel as though I want to help.

One thing I do know for certain is that I won't fill my kid(s) heads with hysterical end-of-days religious garbage. That is one thing I can say with confidence, even without children.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I don't know what rice, grapedrink, vanrysss, kool-aid are talking about.

SF is a sh!thole and only complete "loosers" live here.

-SF employed/ SFhomeowner/taxpayer/tuna-fish sandwich for dinner maker/backyard snow pea growing/used car buying/new bike frame buying/thrifty/high paddling to surfing ratio mofo out :computer:

PS
The Crosstown trail gives a person a reasonable idea of what SF is, landform wise...probably can extrapolate other data from it.

PS
When bicycling the Crosstown train, no one snickered at my top tube bike pad when I carried it up some steps...at least not that I overheard:

View attachment 131775
Might be a shithole but you got a good basketball team.:jamon:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I remember when I was a teenager, I had numerous friend's parents living on the hill in Cardiff in full on crack dens, literally smoking crack. Those crack dens are now all 3.5M, without a single crackhead in sight. It's kind of sad how much times have changed.

I miss when Cardiff and Leucadia weren't super nice. Glad I got to grow up there when I did, when there were more dead-ends, shitty roads, the occasional horse in a field, and more crack heads.
People say this, myself included.

Then they grow up and buy a house, and they don't REALLY mean it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I have one on the way. You still haven't articulated why that is somehow relevant to why location matters in real estate. If it didn't there wouldn't be loads of people, with and without children, choosing to overpay to live at the beach in shacks instead of McMansions in the midwest for a fraction of the price.
You don’t understand why people who have settled an area and have had children want to see their children and grandchildren live near them?

No, if that's their choice, so be it.[/quote]
Family isn’t a choice. Living near family is not one equally-weighted choice among many. You’ll see when you have kids.
This post implies that you think there is value in living near the beach in an area with good employment opportunities, which is exactly the point I was making before you got butthurt and called me a childless autist. Which is insulting to those who have autism and those who care about them, who don't deserve to be associated with the likes of me.
You’re really making a lot of a little here.
Either way, I'll be in a financial position to help them live wherever they want, if needed, and if I feel as though I want to help.
This is not a criticism but you don’t seem to understand money. Grinding away for a high salary, paying down a mortgage, and being rich are different things, though a high salary definitely helps get rich if you don’t compress into the higher tax brackets with high expenses.
One thing I do know for certain is that I won't fill my kid(s) heads with hysterical end-of-days religious garbage. That is one thing I can say with confidence, even without children.
Is this parenting advice? But you said you don’t have kids.