*** Official Griffin Surfboards Thread ***

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
In all seriousness Gregg you are going to tell me when someone comes to you to order a custom board they do not provide height,weight, and years of surfing experience? If that is mental ill then every shaper who has ever shaped me a custom board must escaped out of insane asylum and straight to the shaping bay. How is not a honest ? It helps one decide if they see someones board equal dims to them how shaper tackles board dims and how/where they mow foam etc...
:toilet:
Boorish, obsessed jerk. Go kick your dog or something.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
That's odd, Griffin strikes me as being rather humble.

Yes, and He certainly posts some interesting things about board design. If a person does not agree, there are a lot of shapers in this country. Go elsewhere-don't be a whiny tit.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
A question for you Greg - how long ago was it when you realised that you could control performance in the aft entirely with tail rocker, without the need for any V or concaves?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Well designed and well placed fins enable Da bestest ride
I dropped in to say Hi to Dick Van Straalen on my way to Bryon/Lennox today. Showed him the carbon quad fish. Apparently it was a custom and over 10 years old (which I figured). He asked me what fins I was running in it? I told him and he said his DVS quad keels would work great in it. I told I have used them in the past but didn't currently have any. Back into his shaping bay and after chatting some more he went into his office and came back out and handed me a new set of Shapers DVS quad fins for the board. Stocked.
I did buy a t-shirt from him while there. It's not a GG t-shirt but geez it could so be apt.
Will likely order a racier 7'4" full carbon twin fish off him soon like this one. Maybe with a bit wider nose.
Anyway now I have fins designed for the board.
20220613_131052.jpg20220613_121622.jpg20220613_152448.jpg

Last edited: