If you had one concert to back in time to...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I spent a little time on the mountain, coming down the hill for Rissian River shows was always delightful.

As for the concert I'd go back in the time machine, it'd be:

1991 Warfield JGB shows in end January and beginning of February.

:foreheadslap:

The March show...

Must've crossed paths not swords in our life time :cheers: '91 did you go to the Warfield run during the LA riots? Let us in early for shows mission st. had pretty intense vibe during that time. Fun after I was solo running to car to go back to santa cruz. I wish still had my JGB shirt " day glow Jer hand print from Hawaii run but wife borrowed during sons pregnancy:drowning:@SurfFuerteventura did you do the Summer '91 JGB shows: Eel River and Squa Valley? I was at both love to do that again...

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I knew a girl in HS who supposedly fucked Angelo Moore of Fishbone. That was the rumor, and she did nothing to dispel it.
I know a girl who screwed Taj Burrow in hawaii, and met one that screwed Tiger Woods. Both of them had no problem talking about it.

For live shows, that's a tough one.
Hendrix on one of his good and earlier performances.
Elvis in his young prime.
Nirvana Unplugged would have been pretty rad
Standing on top of any roof close to and with a good view of Beatles rooftop concert.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I was at that concert :jamon:
@SteveT did you go to the Rob' gym "ucsb" reggae show around this time brain foggy but think: Yellow Man, Black Uhuru, Steel Pulse, Burning Spear, ???:foreheadslap:
Ya know, I originally thought about Woodstock, but, aside from the great music, for some reason I always thought all the people and the gross, dirty conditions was just a turn off for me.
Only a few musicians really played great sets like Hendrix and Santana rest sound like vinly copy. I have about dozen live Hendrix recordings that are all better then his wood stock set.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Missed that one.
Although, if I did, I probably wouldn't remember it anyway.
See motley crew at the thunderdome shout at the devil tour?:toilet: band was so fuked up could not play really suked last time I listened to mc after that:monkey: How about the Arlington theater Metal madness: Dio, Motor head, Y&t, Night Ranger...Motor head was loudest show I have ever gone to and still suffer hearing lost today:socrazy:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I went to a show at the UCEN and when we got there the line was a mile long so our first thought was, I guess we're not seeing this one. I was attending ucsb so knew the campus pretty well and said to follow me and don't talk. We walked into a class from the outside door while it was in session, beelined it to the door that went into the hallway that lead to the UCEN where we blended in and got a free show. I'll never forget the look on the professor's face when we interrupted his lecture for less than 10 seconds, walking between him at the podium to the left and his entire class to the right.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
i think i might like to go back and go to one of the shows where tracks for this were recorded....
1654895579741.png

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
I knew a girl in HS who supposedly fucked Angelo Moore of Fishbone. That was the rumor, and she did nothing to dispel it.
Just met him last week at his art show in a small gallery in JaxBch. Saw them open for the Beastie Boys in 87 when I was 14. I‘m sure he must have some stories to tell. Quite the character.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Around that time while trying to get into an Untouchable show a bouncer approached my GF and asked her if she wanted backstage passes and she was into it. He then indicated with fist, tongue and protruding cheek that she would be expected to perform the act on a band member. She looked at me for the OK, had to reel her in at that point :shameonyou:
The good old days:roflmao:
bobby took a shine to my bros gf at pauly 02-21-1982. whisked her out of the front row and she was gone. later said she wound up at a hotel after party with weir and belushi among others.

things went south for bob when he found out she was 17. apparently belushi wasnt as concerned and allowed a little "massage" (her word) before they called her a cab.

went completely off the rails for john a few weeks later

I spent a little time on the mountain, coming down the hill for Russian River shows was always delightful.

As for the concert I'd go back in the time machine, it'd be:

1991 Warfield JGB shows in end January and beginning of February.

:foreheadslap:

The March show...

uhhh, which mountain mutherfookker?

and 9-03-1983 talking heads at the sbcb. perfect warm sept evening in sb. heads were pumping. chicks were grooving. 20 yrs old and put me in the groundhog day machine. i wanna do it again and again

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Its a toss up between an Beatles show in the Cavern Club around 1962-63 before Beatlemania, or this show