Best crowd killer performance board

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I can think of 4 spots within a couple miles of where cstreet got dropped in on where beginners are a non issue. One is within paddle distance.
Sharky vibe for cstreet may poo his fireturd while he hears the jaws theme out in the lineup:toilet:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

BTW, looking at your stats, you could stand to lose a few pounds there, sport.
Pretty stokey #170 still wear size 32 excercise daily and another good reason to go custom or if you go OTR a least from respected shaper :shaka: I believe the only answer to thread is start surfing when your young do not buy your first wavestorm at 40 and decide to take up surfing:bricks:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Pretty stokey #170 still wear size 32 excercise daily and another good reason to go custom or if you go OTR a least from respected shaper :shaka: I believe the only answer to thread is start surfing when your young do not buy your first wavestorm at 40 and decide to take up surfing:bricks:
The mid6 is an excellent design. Your lack of respect for Tolhurst/Ingleby is pure ignorance, proven by your inability to offer any kind of critique of the shape or the shaper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
nice pup. can we get a close up of the tail on that shitlength so we can critique your leash string game, please?
Flipped that bitch for a nice profit! Had to cut the price a bit when the dude showed up with an army jacket and looking like PTSD. Didn't feel like getting folded in half that day :/

Reactions: Aruka

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The mid6 is an excellent design, if your lack of respect for Tolhurst/Ingleby prevents you from seeing that... who cares.
The Mid6 range has been designed to give maximum mid-length performance in all wave types. The fine, round pin tail, crvy plan shape, smooth rocker, with a bit of nose flip is equally comfortable turning deep in the pocket or long open-face arcs. High nose rails through to mid tucked and low hard in the tail, foiled from the centre for a nice balance of drive through sections while maintaining hold through tight turning arcs. While the Mid 6 fires in everyday surf, it is tuned enough to handle some pretty serious surf comfortably.
The Mid6 is currently available in 3 sizes. Smallest being a 7'0 x 20 1/2 x 2 5/8 at 40.3L and the largest is a 7'10 x 21 1/4 x 2 3/4 at 50.6L. The 7'6 in between at 21 x 2 3/4 and 47.9L I wouldn't say is a direct scale between the 7'0 and 7'10. It shares all the same performance attributes but has a much larger rail size for someone who wants more volume out wide.
I feel Billy has blended the 6 channels perfectly. They are not so aggressive that they track in turns at all. It’s very easy to break a line or adjust your arc length anywhere on the wave’s face. With the channels balanced between your feet, when you push hard through a turn the response is immediate and the acceleration throughout is like no other board I have ever owned. It definitely breaks the channel bottom stereotype that they're only good in clean waves. I'm loving it in everything!
Either a thruster or quad fin setup works with six channels for a positive feel. My first recommendations for thrusters would be the FCS2 large Reactors or large H4 - though far and away, I have been enjoying the Mid6 as a quad. My go to sets have been the large Reactor sides with Reactor medium rears or large Accelerator fronts with Performer medium rears. I do really like my XL quad set in the Mid6 particularly on weaker days when I prefer to have more fin to push off. For longboarders stepping down to the Mid6, I'd also lean towards my XL quad set as it will already feel particularly fast and loose. Other fin combinations may work really well but I'd suggest sticking with medium to large quad rears that have an 80/20 foil combined with any flat foiled large to XL front fins.

Specifications
PERFORMANCE

DIMENSIONS

RELATED PRODUCTPREVIOUSMoe - Firewire - USA
Still 100% convinced Roberts could have shaped you a better board for local area and better construction and custom made for you. Regardless formula long board or fun board turning like a shortboard has been done for years by local shapers and even legends to back yard hacks nothing new here:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
https://www.firewiresurfboards.com/
Still 100% convinced Roberts could have shaped you a better board for local area and better construction and custom made for you. Regardless formula long board or fun board turning like a shortboard has been done for years by local shapers and even legends to back yard hacks nothing new here
You're not saying anything substantive, unsurprisingly.

The Mid6 is narrower, thinner, and has more rocker than mids tend to be. Maybe it can get away with that because of the thunderbolt construction, I don't know. It's hard to find a 7' mid shape under 40L. It's also light for its size, perhaps not as light as plain EPS construction but it's certainly stronger. All that combined with the channels makes it particularly fast.

So what's so bad about it, and what's so unrespectable about Tolhurst/Ingleby???

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

The Mid6 is narrower, thinner, and has more rocker than mids tend to be. Maybe it can get away with that because of the thunderbolt construction, I don't know. It's hard to find a 7' mid shape under 40L. It's also light for its size, perhaps not as light as plain EPS construction but it's certainly stronger. All that combined with the channels makes it particularly fast.

So what's so bad about it, and what's so unrespectable about Tolhurst/Ingleby???
Nothing bad I guess if you want a pig with lip stick and all the glitter and hype to go along instead of a board made for you or someone who actually surfs :toilet:

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Plenty of wives start off with the planshape and dims like a hpsb...then kids, age and gravity inevitably take their toll. With good genetics and good management when they hit 60 they may still have a midlength planshape. So your primary ride could end up as a mid length after all. Too bad the majority turn into SUPs.
:roflmao:

Last edited:

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Don't have a horse in this race but a friend has a Mid6 and a couple of the Thunderbolt CJ Nelson mids and longboards.

I've ridden the Mid6 and the Outlier. The construction feels really good. Not too light or wonky like a TuffLite.

My friend accidentally backed over one of the Thunderbolt longboards with his Tundra with a camper setup and absolutely nothing happened to it. You can't even tell.

As for the Mid6 I rode it in some pretty good Mexican pointbreak surf and it works as advertised. Good wave catcher, pretty performance oriented. Lot of rocker.

I don't care for a "performance" mid with a lot of rocker, I like having a flatter board that takes more effort but if that's what your looking for, the Mid6 isn't a bad call.

Of all of them, I really like the Outlier, it's a super modern hull and feels great on the right wave.

Anyway, continue making fun of each other wives.