Best crowd killer performance board

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Wedge isn't a secret. Personally I think the paddle-out November-March East Coast/California regulates people hilariously more than the any-kook-can-have-a-go international points and reefs.

Even in the Canaries spots like Fronton are the exception, not the rule.

Goat rodeos like JBay, Burleigh, and Snapper are way more common than Skeleton Bay.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The Wedge isn't a secret. Personally I think the paddle-out November-March East Coast/California regulates people hilariously more than the any-kook-can-have-a-go international points and reefs.

Even in the Canaries spots like Fronton are the exception, not the rule.

Goat rodeos like JBay, Burleigh, and Snapper are way more common than Skeleton Bay.
When it is not flat(EC)

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I can think of 4 spots within a couple miles of where cstreet got dropped in on where beginners are a non issue. One is within paddle distance.
There’s no secret spots within paddling distance of the point in Ventura so what “sloppy blown out waist high” spot do you consider non beginner around there?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
You‘re a full blown kook and nothing is going to ever change that. I’m out.
Sure, whatever.

The topic is essentially a 60-year-old talking about aging into a midlength. I don't get why you're so negative about it, especially after having said the following.

I’m 51, bad shoulders, couple replaced discs in my neck, LB not great either. A board w more paddle power that is still functional is a no brainer for the older fellas...
Take care and try to relax more.

Reactions: Aruka and oeste858

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
An old DVS 7'4" full carbon quad fish I picked up today should work as good board for crowd control duties. IMG_20220531_142623__exported_1160_1653973534223.jpgIMG_20220531_142316__exported_1160_1653973550365.jpgIMG_20220531_143543__exported_1160_1653973664257.jpg
Came with a set of the old full carbon twins and DVS quad trailers but may give the S-wings and bonzer runners a go first. No I'm not going to run it with mis-matching fins on each side.

Last edited:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Haha this thread is hilarious.

A bunch of the dawn patrol crew at my regular have been starting to ride mid-length type boars. I give them sh*t about it but I’m happy that they can still surf. They’re getting older but they’ve also put in their time and have long ago earned a spot in the lineup. But I still roust them. Told them I’m going to make a decal for their boars with a crutch or a rocking chair with the brand name Quitters. Or with the Cheeto cheetah saying Cheaters. Haha.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

A bunch of the dawn patrol crew at my regular have been starting to ride mid-length type boars. I give them sh*t about it but I’m happy that they can still surf. They’re getting older but they’ve also put in their time and have long ago earned a spot in the lineup. But I still roust them. Told them I’m going to make a decal for their boars with a crutch or a rocking chair with the brand name Quitters. Or with the Cheeto cheetah saying Cheaters. Haha.
At the entrance to the local beach break I surf all the time there's a wooden sign on the fence. Geriatrics. Enough said. I'm 59 and all the old carps think I'm a young whippersnapper. The crowd control boards are more for my local point a couple of hundred metres along. There it's a Swarmies cluster fuck.

Reactions: MathDebater

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site

The Poacher , is a good model name

Reactions: MathDebater

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Funny you should mention it, the other day a really old dude blatantly dropped in on me from way out on the shoulder, and despite a couple of nudges wouldn't pull out. See surfline rewind screencapture. Later I casually told him it wasn't cool to drop-in like that. He said that he didn't see me. It's pathetic old dudes like that who give dried-up old surf rats like rowjimmytour and VonMeister a bad name.

View attachment 130572
60 years ole and buys 2x fireturds and writes in the sand for positioning all you really need to know:monkey:

Last edited: