Best crowd killer performance board

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
At the risk of shattering your legend-in-your-own-mind status, customization probably just makes you feel like a better surfer, bless your heart.
Bla bla bla but seriously you would rather spend $800+ on a board off the rack then go to a shaper and have him make you a custom :shrug: Lucky lesson learned young and during my youth was lucky to be good friends with local shapers like Dave Puu and Dave Johnson who both shaped me some magical boards:shaka:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
this thread is so funny. there is no real crowd killer. good surfers can catch the wave on a regular boar before u can on ur crappy midlength lol. marketing 101 for adult learners
Same guy who wanted surf skate to practice surfing on the cement and who also got super shark vibe out at tarantulas and heard the jaws theme :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Reactions: Havoc

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
this thread is so funny. there is no real crowd killer. good surfers can catch the wave on a regular boar before u can on ur crappy midlength lol. marketing 101 for adult learners
From the OP:
Say you're looking for an edge at a crowded spot, or maybe got an injury and don't want to work too hard paddling and wave catching while you recover, or you're getting older, or maybe just occasionally feeling kinda lazy and just want to have a fun surf.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Bla bla bla but seriously you would rather spend $800+ on a board off the rack then go to a shaper and have him make you a custom :shrug: Lucky lesson learned young and during my youth was lucky to be good friends with local shapers like Dave Puu and Dave Johnson who both shaped me some magical boards:shaka:
I went over a Dreamcatcher ($890) with Robert, adjusting width, thickness, and fin positions, and I almost ordered it, but a MID6 unexpectedly became a available. I was also looking at John Simon’s shapes. He looks pretty innovative and I like the aesthetics.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Amen.

Fckn kook thread. Really need a new subforum for kooks n adult learners- can call it something catchy like “The Nursery”
:unsure:

Reactions: grg

parkiteric

Nep status
Jul 3, 2010
I went over a Dreamcatcher ($890) with Robert, adjusting width, thickness, and fin positions, and I almost ordered it, but a MID6 unexpectedly became a available. I was also looking at John Simon’s shapes. He looks pretty innovative and I like the aesthetics.
expensive eeeek

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
expensive eeeek
1k for firetued instead:socrazy: