Trying to make erBB board swapping easier

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I keep wanting to hit up other members to swap boards or get info before a Yolo... sometimes folks post info, and I don't know whether they're a hobbit, like me, or a giant – if they surf OBSF or NCSD. Anyways, if there was a way to search members by height / weight / where they surf, then at least it would be possible to figure out where they're coming from with reviews, design info, and maybe even have a good chain of folks to whom you can quickly unload used boars, share quivers.

I created a public google sheet, in case folks want to contribute to a "library" of erBB members who might want to swap boars with other members of similar dimensions. You add a board, and then you can add your human dims and general location.

If people actually start using it, I'll have to create more tools in the spreadsheet to enable filtering, looking up, etc, but that'll be a good problem.

LINK TO "LIBRARY"

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I keep wanting to hit up other members to swap boards or get info before a Yolo... sometimes folks post info, and I don't know whether they're a hobbit, like me, or a giant – if they surf OBSF or NCSD. Anyways, if there was a way to search members by height / weight / where they surf, then at least it would be possible to figure out where they're coming from with reviews, design info, and maybe even have a good chain of folks to whom you can quickly unload used boars, share quivers.

I created a public google sheet, in case folks want to contribute to a "library" of erBB members who might want to swap boars with other members of similar dimensions. You add a board, and then you can add your human dims and general location.

If people actually start using it, I'll have to create more tools in the spreadsheet to enable filtering, looking up, etc, but that'll be a good problem.

LINK TO "LIBRARY"
Easier to see by making signature on each member read:
Age, height, and weight
Experience

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I've loaned a lot of boards. The majority of them don't seem to come back the way I loaned them out. Fin dings/snags, dings, odd dents in the bottom, weird scratches. Not everybody, but many. Sometimes things happen, but holy sh!t, you ding it, at least patch the ding. Don't run the fins into rocks. Don't stack sh!t on top of the board and then drive down a dirt road at a high rate of speed. If you surf someplace that has tar all over the beach, put new wax on the board before you return it. Return the board in better shape then you were loaned it if possible.

Seems like the above should be obvious, but believe me, it apparently isn't.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
You get me. But I guess I can settle. I'll add my info later, looks like it's protected

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Ban anyone who would do airs on a borrowed board. That would be like sending your toddler to men's bathroom with a known pedophile.
I feel like this is an issue solved by common sense and reputation. For example, have you seen me post a photo or video of me surfing? There are reasons for this, and none are "my airs aren't quite radical enough to land me sponsorships". The reasons are:
  1. Shame

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm six feet tall and I have size 12 feet. I enjoy romantic dinners, long walks on the beach and stuffing myself in gaping pits...
Do you like piña coladas?

From their posts, I feel like you can get a read on who's enough of a gear nerd that they would take care of a borrowed boar. if that’s the case, I’m usually willing to lend out boars. Most of the guys I surf with IRL aren’t that interested in design so it’s been cool to nerd out and get feedback on some of mine and hear what others like or don’t click with. Everyone’s different in what works for them.