***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
The Ombe guys were on the Sunshine coast during a recent long weekend. This vid popped up on my feed and I had a look at it as it featured the Sunshine coast. They were surfing at my local beachbreak and were down a bit from where I was sitting but i had no idea who they were. I cruise past the camera guy at 6:38 on my mid 6 7'6" and a bottom turn glimpsed again later.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Self made 7'4 x 21 x 2.75. Twins at 8". Flat deck, low rails, beak nose. 2 surfs on it so far, 1 in small weak waves and 1 in overhead this morning. Thing is a paddle/wave catching beast, not quite longboard wave catching ability but not too far off. Feels really good in more solid waves too, really good feeling getting on the tail and putting it on rail.

704 twin.jpeg

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Self made 7'4 x 21 x 2.75. Twins at 8". Flat deck, low rails, beak nose. 2 surfs on it so far, 1 in small weak waves and 1 in overhead this morning. Thing is a paddle/wave catching beast, not quite longboard wave catching ability but not too far off. Feels really good in more solid waves too, really good feeling getting on the tail and putting it on rail.

View attachment 129668
Did you glass it with a crusty bedsheet? I might use mine.
I'm just gonna give it a few more solid nights of work :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I'm considering getting one of these, a Midlength Crisis twin fin. Looks like fun and maybe a bit more performance orientated than a CI Mid.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm considering getting one of these, a Midlength Crisis twin fin. Looks like fun and maybe a bit more performance orientated than a CI Mid.

What kinda waves do you think you’d grab this for? I’m always wary when they say it does everything. For me, I could see it as a lazy day crowdkiller type in <HH softer waves in my zone

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
What kinda waves do you think you’d grab this for? I’m always wary when they say it does everything. For me, I could see it as a lazy day crowdkiller type in <HH softer waves in my zone
HH to doh sloping, non-hollow waves. Waves with big open faces and non-vertical drops.

I wouldn't really expect it to grovel in knee high mush, it doesn't really look like it's designed for that

Reactions: oeste858 and SD_Dan

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Any idea how this would go?

Never ridden a hull before. Never seen a flatter rocker. This one looks like an Andreini Vaq to me, but not sure.

Here's some copy: The bottom features a bellied entry that flows into a vee out the tail making it a very user-friendly hull. To add, the rails are not too pinched, but are a great compromise between less forgiving hulls and full-railed egg shapes. The rocker profile is more hull-esque, with a turned down tail and a slightly flipped nose, giving the deck a slight "S" shape.

Reactions: chilly1