How many of you believe in White Replacement Theory?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
First time I ever heard of it was….

….just now.

How many people believe this nonsense? 12?

Also, even if it’s true that at some point in the future there are no, or very few, white people then so what?

Who cares?
I don’t think I’d heard the name before, but the fear of whites being a minority in a very real

you may say “so what” but white peoples fear of black people might be more common that outright hatred, at least among women

not everyone had the same experience as you, being the poor white kid surrounded by rich black families

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I don’t think I’d heard the name before, but the fear of whites being a minority in a very real
Totally irrational fear.

you may say “so what” but white peoples fear of black people might be more common that outright hatred, at least among women
I don’t know any women who are afraid of black people but I’ll take your word for it.

not everyone had the same experience as you, being the poor white kid surrounded by rich black families
Total mis-characterization of what I said. So much so that what you wrote is an outright lie.

I grew up middle class. My neighbors on one side were a black family that were much wealthier than us. One black family.

You and yours seem to have difficulty accepting that wealthy black people ecen exist because you’re a bunch of fuckking racists.

Now, I have been poor but I didn’t grow up poor. Blue collar middle class.

When my dad died (I was a teenager) my mom went completely off the rails and I was on my own. I was 17, part time minimum wage job, lived in my car and managed to finish high school.

My neighbor had a quite different path to success.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/lethal-threat-white-power-ideologues/629874/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/05/tucker-carlson-buffalo-supermarket-attack-great-replacement-white-nationalism.html

Except Gendron’s argument at times echoes some of Carlson’s rhetoric almost word for word. Here, one of Carlson’s favorite riffs:

“How, precisely, is diversity our strength? Since you’ve made this our new national motto, please be specific as you explain it. Can you think, for example, of other institutions such as, I don’t know, marriage or military units in which the less people have in common, the more cohesive they are?”
And here, via Max Boot, is Gendron’s version:

“Why is diversity said to be our greatest strength? Said throughout the media, spoken by politicians, educators and celebrities. But no one ever seems to give a reason why. What gives a nation strength? And how does diversity increase that strength?”

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/lethal-threat-white-power-ideologues/629874/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/05/tucker-carlson-buffalo-supermarket-attack-great-replacement-white-nationalism.html

Except Gendron’s argument at times echoes some of Carlson’s rhetoric almost word for word. Here, one of Carlson’s favorite riffs:

And here, via Max Boot, is Gendron’s version:
JUST A COINCIDENCE

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Totally irrational fear.

I don’t know any women who are afraid of black people but I’ll take your word for it.

Total mis-characterization of what I said. So much so that what you wrote is an outright lie.

I grew up middle class. My neighbors on one side were a black family that were much wealthier than us. One black family.

You and yours seem to have difficulty accepting that wealthy black people ecen exist because you’re a bunch of fuckking racists.

Now, I have been poor but I didn’t grow up poor. Blue collar middle class.

When my dad died (I was a teenager) my mom went completely off the rails and I was on my own. I was 17, part time minimum wage job, lived in my car and managed to finish high school.

My neighbor had a quite different path to success.
Thanks for the clarification on your socioeconomic stuff you grew up with

I know rich black people exist
And so does way more blatant racism than you seem to think

Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's only a fear to people who grew up as a white majority in white-majority areas

Those are the same people who have a hang up on race; it's very obvious here who holds those fears, especially among those who project it while trying to act like they're not racist

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You don't need to scare everyone to capsize the canoe

Just a couple of retards with rifles.

That is my new band name

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It's only a fear to people who grew up as a white majority in white-majority areas

Those are the same people who have a hang up on race; it's very obvious here who holds those fears, especially among those who project it while trying to act like they're not racist
Is this gaslighting?
I know that term is overused, but it seems like it is

you may be right that it’s primarily people who grew up in a white majority area as a white minority. Good thing there’s only a few dozen people who fit in that narrow demographic (insert rolling eyes emoji here):rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Is this gaslighting?
I know that term is overused, but it seems like it is

you may be right that it’s primarily people who grew up in a white majority area as a white minority. Good thing there’s only a few down people who fit in that narrow demographic (insert rolling eyes emoji here):rolleyes:
Read my sentence again

"as a white majority in white-majority areas"

And I wasn't calling out you specifically

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Hence all the hand-wringing here
hand wringing !! ( :

We’ll hear a lot about this one