How’s the stock market?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
So, I'm getting hosed like everybody else and my reflex is to hunker down and protect my retirement savings and my cash. but it occurs to me that I have seen this disaster movie before, only about two years ago, and if I had been a little bolder then, I'd be a helluva lot better off now.

So here we are again at almost pandemic level prices again, and with every reason to believe that this too shall pass, what do you guys are think the best/boldest/safest stock buys you can make at this moment, that capitalize on this moment?

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
So, I'm getting hosed like everybody else and my reflex is to hunker down and protect my retirement savings and my cash. but it occurs to me that I have seen this disaster movie before, only about two years ago, and if I had been a little bolder then, I'd be a helluva lot better off now.

So here we are again at almost pandemic level prices again, and with every reason to believe that this too shall pass, what do you guys are think the best/boldest/safest stock buys you can make at this moment, that capitalize on this moment?
Maybe look for some dividend Stonks that pay out regularly but otherwise don’t move much? Now is a good chance for a discount buy.

Otherwise I am still loading up on my cyber security (CIBR) and green energy (QCLN) in my non-work place IRA.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Not reading this, but did any of you do the Gamestop thing? Did you make anything?
Would you buy Twitter if you could?
IT'S is prolly obvious, I only know what they're feeding me on the rare occasion I watch TV, I don't even buy a toaster without checking here first.
Thank you wise ones.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Not reading this, but did any of you do the Gamestop thing? Did you make anything?
Would you buy Twitter if you could?
IT'S is prolly obvious, I only know what they're feeding me on the rare occasion I watch TV, I don't even buy a toaster without checking here first.
Thank you wise ones.
No, no and no :)

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

onetravels

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 20, 2003
encinitas
XOM and XLE if oil keeps pulling back. SPG put up good numbers today and raised their dividend. If it pulls back to 100 that would be a buy.

onetravels

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 20, 2003
encinitas
Tempting. But they are pushing it right now. Looking at their margins governments should step in. They doubled revenues this year. seems like the root cause of inflation. And I get what your saying, I have been burned hard in this area before.

onetravels

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 20, 2003
encinitas
I asked a question, if you would trade COIN if you were buying bitcoin. I don't trade bitcoin. I don't own COIN. It does look interesting to me right now. Massive short squeeze opportunity. This market is oversold. Where do we find a bottom? That is anyone's guess. I think we are close.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i have found Spirit Air (SAVE) to be a reliable money maker in the past, for a quick flip. now at about $17, with an offer from Jet Blue on the table @ $33 per, and a pending Frontier merger, picked up a bunch yesterday and would be happy to exit in the $20's. should not take long, it's a very active stoock.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

"Market depth has recently deteriorated across a range of market depth has decreased since late 2021 for the interdealer U .S . Treasury securities, S&P 500 E-mini futures, and West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures markets . Initially, in Treasury and equity markets, the decline in depth reflected rising uncertainty about the outlook for monetary policy; in the Treasury market, the decreases in depth were greatest for bonds with shorter maturities because the prices of those securities are more sensitive to expectations for monetary policy over the near term . In oil markets, depth has declined particularly sharply in recent months as a result of the elevated level of uncertainty and volatility associated with the Russian invasion of Ukraine .

Recently, depth in these markets has been lower than is typical even after taking into account thelevel of volatility, as shown for the oil market . This markedly low depth could indicate that liquidity providers are being particularly cautious, and liquidity may be more fragile than usual . Declining depth at times of rising uncer-tainty and volatility could result in a negative feed-back loop, as lower liquidity in turn may cause prices to be more volatile..." (goes on to talk about bid-ask spread activity)

"...In conclusion, quoted depth is currently low in Treasury, equity, and oil markets, but there have been no reports of severe market functioning problems, and the effect on trading costs for many investors has likely been limited . Thus, the current state of liquidity in these key markets does not appear to be a substantial barrier to efficient capital allocation and risk management within the economy . However, the low level of depth means that liquidity provision remains fragile due to heavier reliance on suffi -ciently rapid quote replenishment to meet trading demands without resulting in sharp price moves . This dependence on higher-velocity quote replenishment when depth is low could pose an important vulnerability in these markets, as it suggests that there is a higher-than-normal risk that a signifi cant deterioration in liquidity provision could make prices even more volatile and lead to market dysfunction."

Otherwise, check out section 4.2 for a look at commodities.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Oh, and BTW, the Fed casually mentioned what I was saying about nickel. You don't think the game is rigged?:

"In early March, at the London Metal Exchange, the prospect of interruptions in Russia’s nickel exports generated heavy pressure on short sellers of nickel, whose concentrated positions appeared to amplify the shock . The exchange experienced unprecedented price spikes that caused severe financial stress for some participants . In order to recover, the exchange cancelled trades at the peak prices and called a multiday trading halt. In markets for other commodities, traders, exchanges, and CCPs managed through the stress without severe incidents."

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There are no discounts at inflated prices.
Most dividend stocks are boring vanilla stocks in established companies that trade very closely to their value based on a reasonable price to earnings ration and don’t grow much because they are past that stage in their business cycle. The whole reason why they offer the dividend is because they are not investing in marketing, ie zero hype and speculation, so they use the dividend to entice buyers.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i have found Spirit Air (SAVE) to be a reliable money maker in the past, for a quick flip. now at about $17, with an offer from Jet Blue on the table @ $33 per, and a pending Frontier merger, picked up a bunch yesterday and would be happy to exit in the $20's. should not take long, it's a very active stoock.
Spirit and Frontier still struggling to even get planes off the ground, cutting back or completely eliminating certain routes as well.

Reactions: Northern_Shores