Keep it light

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I’ve seen some saw waterbottle and laptop stickers
they don’t bother me
its there for others to connect on things they’re into, but in an unobtrusive way
its not like you’re asking someone to engage in your topic you’re putting out there, but you’re welcome to
or not
not biggie
Bringing your politics to work is lame.

Especially if you're in a supervisor or management position.

For instance, if you're spending weeks training another employee and they have to see you pro-life/pro-gun/pro-choice etc crap all day.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I’ve seen some saw waterbottle and laptop stickers
they don’t bother me
its there for others to connect on things they’re into, but in an unobtrusive way
its not like you’re asking someone to engage in your topic you’re putting out there, but you’re welcome to
or not
not biggie
LOL you're intentionally putting yourself out there when you lather your items with political crap.

When people put this sort of garbage on their stuff at work it's like they're blabbing about politics all day.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We have an entire rainbow road in my office, SJWs everywhere, a true NYC melting pot, but none of them really get into big political debates or anything. At least not with me. And the old rich white republicans in the C suite and RVP level get along with the 25 year old non binaries just fine

Reactions: Boneroni

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
You're normally out trimming trees.

Maybe put a few of these on your equipment:

Yeah, I don’t see anything that polarizing
more like rainbows, save the environment, support of an underrepresented minority, including support of women, people of color, and lately noticed some neurodiversity, which I find interesting

nothing I’d consider goading the other side
Doesnt bother me at all

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I think it’s more support of people who might have add, or introverts, or dyslexia
people who can be really bright, effective at their jobs, and might work differently that most others

in a culture of type a personalities, an introvert might feel isolated and looked down on
a little acknowledgement of that is new and interesting

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I have a lot of assburger kids and the way you get to them is looking at them and using exaggerated facial expressions and a really sing song vocal tone.

But sometimes that doesn't work either.

Sometimes taking them outside and yelling at them does the trick.

But sometimes that doesn't work either.

You never know.

Some times an n-word can't win.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Does anyone have the ability to do this anymore? I changed roles at my job and trained with several employees recently and only one was able to keep it light and mostly work related. I've had to nod, yup, wow, and ok, my way through several days of religious beliefs, right wing, left wing, ufo/alien, vaccine, and flat erf talk. It's unreal. Each time I did everything I could to steer the conversation back to the job. Usually that resulted in them quickly answering my question and then back to their BS. It reminded me of being a kid waiting for recess or the end of the school day. Every minute felt like an eternity.

Thanks for listening.
Where do you work? What industtry?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I feel your pain and no .... i have lost all patience. There is a large contingent of Canadians who have shown up here over the last several months who refer to themselves as "Covid Refugees" .... apparently the persecution of having to wear a mask forced them to make the life changing decision to move to Central America. And now they spend their time whining on FB. This only adds to the "Trump Cult" ex-pats who are already here. I keep as much distance as possible from these morons. This forum is one of the few social media sites i bother with anymore and only because it is somewhat surfing related.
Imagine minimizing what happened in Canada as "wearing a mask"

You're a dirtier side of the same coin

And I get all this out of my system online so I don't have any desire to talk about sh!t IRL

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Imagine minimizing what happened in Canada as "wearing a mask"

You're a dirtier side of the same coin

And I get all this out of my system online so I don't have any desire to talk about sh!t IRL
You need to work on your reading comprehension there ifallalot. I wasn't minimizing what happened in Canada ... i was ridiculing Canadians who moved to Central America because they told me they felt persecuted and had their freedoms jeopardized because a government health mandate that masks were required to be worn in public in an effort to save thousands of lives.

Oh ... and if you're still on your high horse .... you should know that the extraordinary demand they have created here for places to rent, property, homes, etc. has caused rentals, property and existing home prices to skyrocket ... to the point where the locals can no longer afford them.

Last edited:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
:roflmao:
A month or so ago I filled in for another dept that was short staffed and the guy they paired me up with started in on aliens and eventually said there are 3 millions Germans already living in Mars. Not on, in! How do I out crazy that?
Holy sh!t!

I don't think you can out-crazy that.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
My workplace is pretty light. In 12 years I've only had one instance where a coworker (whom I enjoy working with) started telling me that her cousin told her about a teacher who was encouraging kindergarteners to try anal sex.
I was like, "wait, you actually believe that?" and said something about Occams Razor before diverting the conversation.

There have been a handful of times outside of work where, because I'm white, people have felt comfortable commiserating with me about "CRT indoctrination of our kids in elementary school" and "What the BLM movement is really about".

I didn't tell those people that I think they are fvcking nuts, because I dcon't think that would've helped anything, but I definitely didn't allow the conversation to continue at all.

Reactions: hammies