Keep it light

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Does anyone have the ability to do this anymore? I changed roles at my job and trained with several employees recently and only one was able to keep it light and mostly work related. I've had to nod, yup, wow, and ok, my way through several days of religious beliefs, right wing, left wing, ufo/alien, vaccine, and flat erf talk. It's unreal. Each time I did everything I could to steer the conversation back to the job. Usually that resulted in them quickly answering my question and then back to their BS. It reminded me of being a kid waiting for recess or the end of the school day. Every minute felt like an eternity.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I've got a couple early 30 somethings at work that constantly try to bait me into political and economic and religious debates. I kindly let them know that I don't discuss any of that with anyone unless I know they are already on my team.
They just don't get it and continue to try and force me to discuss my stance on these things.
It's hilarious to see their heads explode everytime when I won't engage them.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Does anyone have the ability to do this anymore? I changed roles at my job and trained with several employees recently and only one was able to keep it light and mostly work related. I've had to nod, yup, wow, and ok, my way through several days of religious beliefs, right wing, left wing, ufo/alien, vaccine, and flat erf talk. It's unreal. Each time I did everything I could to steer the conversation back to the job. Usually that resulted in them quickly answering my question and then back to their BS. It reminded me of being a kid waiting for recess or the end of the school day. Every minute felt like an eternity.

Thanks for listening.
I feel your pain and no .... i have lost all patience. There is a large contingent of Canadians who have shown up here over the last several months who refer to themselves as "Covid Refugees" .... apparently the persecution of having to wear a mask forced them to make the life changing decision to move to Central America. And now they spend their time whining on FB. This only adds to the "Trump Cult" ex-pats who are already here. I keep as much distance as possible from these morons. This forum is one of the few social media sites i bother with anymore and only because it is somewhat surfing related.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

Thanks for listening.
I work with a lot of people and spend a ton of time talking with them, both customers and other employee, management, regular worker bees, and those kinds of topics come up never!

sounds like a f*cked up environment, if thats accepted work talk

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

Thanks for listening.
it actually sounds like being stuck in the politics forum
40 hours a week
and you can’t put anyone on ignore
even if it’s gromsdad

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I get it everywhere and the lame thing is it becomes hard not to question the intentions of those who stay in their lane.
It does annoy some people when I don't want to play in their sandbox.
It's hard to tell someone much younger or someone more like me that I really don't and rather not even give a fuck, they don't buy it, accept it, like it.
Keep it light.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’ve seen some saw waterbottle and laptop stickers
they don’t bother me
its there for others to connect on things they’re into, but in an unobtrusive way
its not like you’re asking someone to engage in your topic you’re putting out there, but you’re welcome to
or not
not biggie

Reactions: Boneroni

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I just try to fly under the radar all possible. No stickers. No license plate frame. No brand specific clothing except the ones that I approve of. LOL.