Board Bags?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
figured all bags were made overseas

Anyone use astroglide?
oh yeah, the bags are made overseas. my new recession bag says “made in Malaysia”, which is better than China. But at least the profits are going back to Ventura or wherever PL is.
……..
KY Warming lube

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I know you weren't asking me but I pretty much have fins ready to go in each board. I have two sets of mayhems and two sets of the same quad rears so I don't have to switch them out.
Wild. I don’t buy two of anything except for a 6’ comp leash.

i keep fins in 2-3 boards at once. pull them out if I want them in another board or need space in the rack. whichever comes first.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Do you buy the same leash over and over?

Same question about fins if you like one set in 2 boards.

What good is a board with its own leash if you will not have fins ready to go?
Boars stored in day bags w/o fins or leash (which are kept in back of car). Have 3 comp leashes in car, while another 1-2 comps, 2 reg, 1 9’-knee leash back in the boar barn. This way, i just grab 2 boars in the am for the day and I don’t have to think about fins until the beach.
I do have backup sets of a couple fave fin sets- but that’s only cause my most used ones tend to get some reef rash from my low-tide Mase rock hopping.
:foreheadslap:

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019
Strong plastic zips and fasteners is key for moist climates. F...k me if those metal zips, even with a yearly wd40 free up and some candlewax as base, corrode and seize.
Prolite have been good, a suprise has been an old FCS 4 stacker with the wheels. Pushed through some heavy airline abuse and is still kicking after many countries and neglectful storage

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Boars stored in day bags w/o fins or leash (which are kept in back of car). Have 3 comp leashes in car, while another 1-2 comps, 2 reg, 1 9’-knee leash back in the boar barn. This way, i just grab 2 boars in the am for the day and I don’t have to think about fins until the beach.
I pretty much do this except if I’ve been riding the boar consistently the fins and leash don’t come off.

JJMike

OTF status
Oct 11, 2014
Orange County, Ca
I have the creatures 2.0 bag - my favorite bag. Really light weight, good fit, not too stiff, but still has some cush. Zippers feel nice and smooth. Haven’t had to leave it sitting in heat/sun yet.