Edge Boards (Andreini/Greenough)

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Has anyone had any experience with this design and potential "enhancement"?
I am far down the Andreini order list but will eventually be ordering again and while the edge feature has been at the far back of my mind, I ran into a guy on the who has one that was an absolutely fantastic looking variation of the Vaquero featuring the edge and pretty much preached the noticeability of the renowned down the line trim yet by cutting in the bevel edge, it goes on the rail much more swiftly. If Mark backs it and George thought of it I suppose that's endorsement enough...

Link to Edge:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Has anyone had any experience with this design and potential "enhancement"?
I am far down the Andreini order list but will eventually be ordering again and while the edge feature has been at the far back of my mind, I ran into a guy on the who has one that was an absolutely fantastic looking variation of the Vaquero featuring the edge and pretty much preached the noticeability of the renowned down the line trim yet by cutting in the bevel edge, it goes on the rail much more swiftly. If Mark backs it and George thought of it I suppose that's endorsement enough...

Link to Edge:

Fineline has some nice hulls as well with edge but I really liked my MP with S rails love to replace that board.

Reactions: chilly1

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Wilderness makes edge boards. They have a couple OTR at Beach House in SB. You could buy one to try and if you like it order one from Andreini.

18 months later when your Andreini arrives you can sell the Wilderness to me.

PS: Wilderness surfboards was started by Greenough…

3845E2EE-4116-4605-A1FC-B4DB4A504661.jpeg

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Tell us !
Little before my time but Greenough and some other dude started it. Bob Duncan is the head honcho now. The shop/shaping shack got domained by cal trans 10 or so years ago. No idea where Bob is shaping the boards now but he (or somebody) is still making them. You can order through The Beach House and they usually have a few in stock.

I think John Tustin shaped out of their shack for a bit. He died of cancer a few years ago.

When I was a kid I went into the Wilderness shop and it had a bit of a heavy vibe in there. At least it felt that way to 12 year old me.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Little before my time but Greenough and some other dude started it. Bob Duncan is the head honcho now. The shop/shaping shack got domained by cal trans 10 or so years ago. No idea where Bob is shaping the boards now but he (or somebody) is still making them. You can order through The Beach House and they usually have a few in stock.

I think John Tustin shaped out of their shack for a bit. He died of cancer a few years ago.

When I was a kid I went into the Wilderness shop and it had a bit of a heavy vibe in there. At least it felt that way to 12 year old me.
Heavy vibe means...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Heavy vibe means...
Well, this is 40 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy but the place smelled like weed the guys in there didn’t seem to welcoming.

I know that over the years some people associated with the place were into some drug dealing so I could have walked in at the wrong time.

You have to understand that in the 70s and 80s you had mind your Ps and Qs around here and it wasn’t all that uncommon for grown men to through hands at kids. I’ve seen some crazy sh!t go down at some local breaks and the guys in the shop that day looked just like the type that did crazy sh!t.

But again, I was 12 so wtf do I know?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

The other dude is Michael Cundith. Moved to Lennox at the same time as Greenough. Only recently retired from shaping. I'll take MC's tri-plane bottom over an edge bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla