Tomo MPH

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Custom V4 from Dan with squash tail and contrasting leash string.
5'9" x 19" x 2-7/16" (29liters)

Embarrassingly showed up the same week as my custom CI. Now I NEED surf.
(Edit: Kind of has a neck beard look to it.)

deck.jpeg

bottom.jpeg

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California

View attachment 124067

View attachment 124068
Beauty!

So what's the idea of adding a squash to this design? Are you hoping it'll perform better in smaller waves?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I'm intrigued by the green boards - the Revo, Evo & Hydronaut. But all are dedicated quads. If that Revo were a 5 fin or thruster, it would be extremely difficult to resist.

Reactions: ReForest and Aruka

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Xtr has a couple tomo stock boars that are within my preferred volume range of 32-33L.

EVO vs. Hydrosquash????

Maybe I will stop by for a fondle on my way North.
Hey - ask Shey if they can throw another fin box in back for Steve. : )

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Xtr has a couple tomo stock boars that are within my preferred volume range of 32-33L.

EVO vs. Hydrosquash????

Maybe I will stop by for a fondle on my way North.
I think the SLCK evo would be more interesting for you if you haven’t ridden one before. You can stay around your normal volume and ideally come up to about chin to nose height on you.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

View attachment 124067

View attachment 124068
WoW!! The color and airbrush on the tail is sooo nice! What a beauty! :love:

Makes me wanna place an order. Looks like a tail width similar to a Scifi. Im guessing it will be fast but pivot well. Let us know how she rides. Gorgeous looking board.

ps. i thought you ordered 2 customs from Tomo? :unsure:

Reactions: sh3

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
@ReForest - Well...

(A) It WAS supposed to be a RNV4, but apparently (i've looked back at our emails) I wasn't entirely clear. That said, I'm accepting of it and am excited to use it. This is a 'soft point' nose.

(B) I did. I've had an embarrassment of riches of late, so using one board at a time. Figuring out this one, then I'll see how #2 goes. DIdn't expect to be inundated with boards, all of which I like and all at around the same time for around the same conditions. #facepalmforsure

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Not a bad problem to have, in my opinion. :cool::shaka:

I think the soft point nose looks great! I'm sure you're more concerned with how it rides, than how it looks; but I bet it looks great on a wave with that longer nose profile. I've learned to appreciate a pointy nose board. Excited to hear more about how it rides. :jamon:

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
So the dad bod is catching up to me and Im having to go up a size on some of my Tomos. It has me wondering about my Cymatic: Do all Cymatics feel like they have less foam than advertised or is it just mine? I have a few boards in the same volume range and they all feel like they're more foam. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Reactions: ReForest

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So the dad bod is catching up to me and Im having to go up a size on some of my Tomos. It has me wondering about my Cymatic: Do all Cymatics feel like they have less foam than advertised or is it just mine? I have a few boards in the same volume range and they all feel like they're more foam. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I didn’t get that impression. I was deciding between the 5’8 and 5’9 and was glad I went with the smaller one. Never felt like it wasn’t enough. For me it was a fun boar for punchy waves waist to HH, didn’t do as well in softer waves- so maybe it’s the rocker you’re noticing rather than the foam distribution. But it’s meant to be a more HP tomo so the rails / nose are definitely pretty foiled compared to say, an Evo.

FWIW it took me a couple tries to dial in the right sizing on my first evo (too big =corky, too small = miss waves) But once you hit that Goldilocks size for you, you’ll know it right away and might just have a magic boar!