JS Sub Xero

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Nice spot Sherlock.

I think you're on to something here.

Looks like they're doing it in other realms as well:

I wish they would reintroduce the first Monsta from 2013 or so. Board was like a HP flyer epic daily driver. The newer versions have all been refined so much that he tweaked it back to a HPSB that needs a good wave to work.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I wish they would reintroduce the first Monsta from 2013 or so. Board was like a HP flyer epic daily driver. The newer versions have all been refined so much that he tweaked it back to a HPSB that needs a good wave to work.
Great marketing strategy

Loved the Monsta 6

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
@waxfoot which shop? I thought I saw some sub Xero's in Beachbeat Alex but didn't notice what construction they were in. They have Monster boxes at $200 off fyi.
Also BB - not sure which one, I think it's the one in Caloundra that does Instagram responses.
They have the Sub, but the Sub Xero's haven;t landed yet.

I have a MB in PU, won;t be replacing it any time soon, love the thing.

Reactions: Retropete

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Yew. Tripping on the rails, they're really pinched and the board feels much thinner than the 2 5/8 would suggest. Feel epic under arm.
I just got back from the shop. Picked up a CJ Nelson Outlier 7'er used.
Noticed on the subxero they are using the biaxial weave same as Muzza Burton does. I like it...nice and strong.
Hid the foam on the boards well.

• Love
Reactions: waxfoot

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
IYDMMAsking, why the boycott?
The $cking right Mex point break up thread is krrrazyX10!! Be careful what you wish for sometimes, you might need a bigger boar?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I demo’d a 5’7 at Camp Shred today and was really underwhelmed. It was a HyFi 2.0 build and despite being about three liters more than my typical shortboard, felt really good under the arm. The guy working the booth said he preferred riding his at a similar
volume increase.

The board paddled worse than I expected, not terrible, but below average for what I’d hope for with that volume (32L). I generally ride 27.5 - 30L.

The waves were fun waist to chest high. I could do everything I wanted to, but it just felt really stiff. I rode FCS MF’s larges which I ride in most of my boards and really like.

It was a board I was really curious about, so I’m glad I got to check it out. Not a dog by any stretch (Air 17X, I briefly owned takes that honor), but I was bored with board after about five waves.

Reactions: jkb

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I demo’d a 5’7 at Camp Shred today and was really underwhelmed. It was a HyFi 2.0 build and despite being about three liters more than my typical shortboard, felt really good under the arm. The guy working the booth said he preferred riding his at a similar
volume increase.

The board paddled worse than I expected, not terrible, but below average for what I’d hope for with that volume (32L). I generally ride 27.5 - 30L.

The waves were fun waist to chest high. I could do everything I wanted to, but it just felt really stiff. I rode FCS MF’s larges which I ride in most of my boards and really like.

It was a board I was really curious about, so I’m glad I got to check it out. Not a dog by any stretch (Air 17X, I briefly owned takes that honor), but I was bored with board after about five waves.
hmm good to know. I was kinda interested in trying this board in that size but couldn't make it to camp shred.
did the hyfi 2.0 feel much different from hyfi?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
hmm good to know. I was kinda interested in trying this board in that size but couldn't make it to camp shred.
did the hyfi 2.0 feel much different from hyfi?
I’ve owned one HyFi and borrowed another from a friend for a week a few years back, but remember them feeling a little more flexible than the 2.0 I road today. I wasn’t excited enough about the shape to consider trying the 5’5 which is closer to my typical liters, where I may have had a better perspective on the board’s flex.

Reactions: tedshred5

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
volume increase.

Did you sarf it as a quad or a thruster? Imo, the board's 100% not a thruster.

Trying this out this weekend... love this thing!
IMG_2035.JPG

Reactions: Aruka and ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Did you sarf it as a quad or a thruster? Imo, the board's 100% not a thruster.

Trying this out this weekend... love this thing!
View attachment 124487
Thruster. I’ll see if I can track down another and give it a go as either a quad or 2+1. My local shop (E.T. Surf) stopped carrying JS. They took on Sharp Eye around the same time, so maybe it was a Mad Max Thunderdome sitch.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Not sub-Xero, but since it's been discussed here a fair bit. I don't see why so many on here hate on it. I love my sub-Xero so much, I think I might pick this one up at some point.

Reactions: tedshred5 and Aruka