Sharpeye Surfboards

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Look guys, I know I'm super late to the party here, with SITD, Noel Salsa, etc, but here's where I'm coming from - I just realized I've been riding twins almost exclusively for the last 2-3 years. Over that period, I've even shaped like 3 or 4 of them. I was / am an Album fanboi.

A few weeks back, I got my thruster bug back, and bought a dank farts Sharpeye Infernal 72 off OfferUp as a semi YOLO.

As I was waxing it up for the first time at my local, a surfer passing by with his buddy like 75 yds away looks over and goes "Yo, is that an Inferno 72?" I'm like "Yeah, just picked it up." He holds his same board up, points to it, and says, "You're going to have a good time."

It was a revelation. Seriously, it's the easiest board to rip I've ever set foot on. Absolutely instant connection, maybe the best DD / HPSB I've ever ridden.

Everyone needs this board. Not kidding.

I'm 5'8 165lb and I ride a 5'10" x 19 x 2.5 @28L, which feels perfect. Longer and bigger than what I usually ride, but perfect.

The only sharpeye I had ever ridden prior to this was a golfballed to fuck TINY PU/PE thruster I got as an experiment a long time ago (which actually felt good under foot), but I never went down the rabbit hole of working with Mr Zouvi.

What other joys have I been missing over the years that this Brazilian genius has crafted? Any recos from those who have ridden his shapes a long time?

Consider my thigh to HH+ quiver spot filled for the foreseeable future.

Edit: pics
PXL_20220123_045512461.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20220123_045425335.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20220123_045602616.NIGHT.jpg

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
To the guys that have some time on the I72 and a Pyzel Shadow, what's your thoughts on how they compare in the water? Shadow has been a good board for me and this one has always interested me on some level.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
My buddy has a round tail Disco Cheater and he swears by it, rides it 90% of the time.
I used to have a PU Modern 2 that was a fun HP iteration of a wing swallow twin. Best session I had on it was in high tide wind swell beachy with big large base twins in, no trailer.
I would also be interested in trying a Maguro, as a quad.

in fact, you could probably get pretty far in SD county with an I72 / Modern 2 / Maguro quiver…:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc and SixtyGrit

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
To the guys that have some time on the I72 and a Pyzel Shadow, what's your thoughts on how they compare in the water? Shadow has been a good board for me and this one has always interested me on some level.
remember reading the comments of Noel Salads videos and he said the shadow has more rocker and is built for better surf. the I72 looks like it has a good amount of rocker still but deeper concaves, haven't ridden one yet. On my 2nd shadow and it's a very easy to ride and paddle board. don't think i've had a short board in recent memory paddle so good besides the ghost style boards

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
My buddy has a round tail Disco Cheater and he swears by it, rides it 90% of the time.
I used to have a PU Modern 2 that was a fun HP iteration of a wing swallow twin. Best session I had on it was in high tide wind swell beachy with big large base twins in, no trailer.
I would also be interested in trying a Maguro, as a quad.

in fact, you could probably get pretty far in SD county with an I72 / Modern 2 / Maguro quiver…:unsure:
also heard good things about the Disco Cheater

Reactions: SixtyGrit