*** Official Fin Thread ***

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Anyone with any experience with S-Wings?
They look super weird but my imagination suggests they could work.
I've had a couple of sets.

They had fun moments and weird moments.

To me, they lacked down-the-line drive (the fin bases are pretty small). I would also occasionally get some fin cavitation through bottom turns.

I really liked the way they felt through roundhouse cutbacks though. They felt like they loaded up and had a fun springy rebound through turns like that.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Soar fins are incredible. Had a magic set around 15 years ago, until I hit a rock and lost the fin (and plugs). I’ve got to order some more.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Picked up some H4 quad rears to go with JS front fins, something about the combo looks good to me. Going to switch things up from the MR 2+1 on my chilli RB and see if I can get it to work in flatter waves.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
ah ok, threw me off cause they're run as a quad.
It was weird but I had to run a heap of fin area to get drive out the board since it was oversized and in a relatively short/wide package. Mostly rode it when it was small several times. When it was shoulder high it could run with less fin but then I found I had more fun riding my wide diamondtail paulownia board so I sold it to save even having to take it to the beach hoping for the right conditions for it.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly