Tomo MPH

Jan 12, 2022
Oregon
I’m 38 and tall and long. Unfortunately I didn’t start surfing till my mid 20’s.

What age are you? I am 48, 172 pounds (78 kilo) and riding the EVO 5'5 (and Hydrodynamica GMM2 5'6) in mostly mushy beach breaks. I hardly have problems getting into the waves (1-5 ft) overhere. Since the rails are fairly thick I wouldn't go to big on an EVO. Maybe a 5'9 or 5'10? Or try the Revo in 5'10/5'11 (https://epoxysurfboards.com/product/tomo-revo-xtr-surfboards/). We are awaiting @ReForest his ride report. But from what I read the Revo is more refined.

Jan 12, 2022
Oregon
JDj, thanks for the info. Good to know I’m not completely off with the length. Now the hardest part of all convincing my wife I need another board. :oops:

I've posted here that I think you can ride a Tomo at more length, especially because you're 6'2. None of the dimensions you've suggested strike me as overkill. I would probably ride a 6'0 Revo before a 5'11 Evo. Volume will be comparable but Revo stretches a little easier with the more narrow nose and tail.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
how's the revo go?
Revo goes good! Pretty much how I imaged it would ride, although it does feel a bit longer than I anticipated. I'm still trying to arrange my thoughts on how it feels for a mini review.

I compared the tail rocker to the scifi, cymatic, and hydroshort... and the Revo has a lower tail rocker than all of them. I sort of feel like it has a similar rail line to the Vader or Deathstar, because for a 5'3 it feels like a 5'5".

Most notably is the flex. I think stringerless is the way to go. I can hold a bottom turn and get a lotttt of projection up the face or down the line. Even little baby pumps have this lively spring.

Still working it out... but it feels like a good board for average-good waves. I'd be very interested in hearing @spjones123 and @JDJ thoughts on how they like their Revo's.