Hawaii- Done

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
Feds just getting started, from what I hear. These are big arrests, but they know these aren't the ringleaders, and the alphabet agencies have a tendency to crawl up one's ass with a flashlight.

If the Kealohas would have just come up with a scheme that didn't involve a mailbox, the feds wouldn't even be here! Uncle and Auntie wen fuk up

Just surfed perfect glassy Sunset and got one wave before I got mowed and twisted my knee. So I'm done but Hawaii, yeah not done
Going to be interesting to see if and how the Michael Miske Jr. case gets connected to the Kealoha case. According to Attorney Megan Kau, who was representing her client, an officer for HPD. Miske has ties to the Kealoha corruption case. Ian Lind has informative updates on the Miske case on his blog and Civil Beat and his reports show on the Feds are working the case. As is usual the case, a Fed investigation can take years, but when the indictments start rolling out, convictions are almost guaranteed. Many of the associates of Miske who were indicted with him have already cut deals with the Feds and are providing more information on Miske, which in turn, may have ramifications in the ongoing Kealoha case.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
It's been said over and over and over again, when you leave a place, or are finished with the place, it's "Done", for you.

When you still find those evasive moments of "Knice", there's still more for you there, and thus you ain't "Done" with the place yet.

German who moved here ten years ago, just moved to Palma de Mallorca... When he got here, you could literally see light shining from his blue eyes. Then he started an eco business picking up beach refuse and recycling it into art, and the drift wood into canvasses for his lady to paint beach/ocean motiffs on to sell to the tourists at the local flea markets. Went great for them. Got recognition for their efforts from the local community even. But they got "too into it"... the fight against the inevitable. One day, instead of seeing the beauty in the place, all they saw was the negatives. The day he left, when I went to say goodbye, he had that glimmer in his eyes again... it had dulled out over time here into more greyish blue than bright sunny day blue like when he arrived.
The glimmer was for the new destination. Surely he's twinkling his eyes already upon arrival at his new island home. I just hope he's able to maintain it over time, for that's the key to not losing the illusion and becoming jaded and "Done" with places imho.

:shrug::unsure::shrug:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Hawaii is DONE, because Beach Grit says so.

Caution for the easily triggered: some quite racist comments in the comments section.

Beach Grit
interesting article - lots of flight-of-the-workforce blaming going on. i don't know Hawaii but i know that's happening in a lot of other places (e.g. Sun Valley, SF etc etc ). it's quite interesting when the rich lock themselves into a lifestyle that no one else can afford and then there's no one to serve them because no one else can afford to live there. not a bad thing, imho - looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.:cheers:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I imagine the property prices are going to sky rocket in Hawaii soon. It’s already expensive but I feel like it’s going to really go up to the Bay Area levels

• Dislike
Reactions: Havoc

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
interesting article - lots of flight-of-the-workforce blaming going on. i don't know Hawaii but i know that's happening in a lot of other places (e.g. Sun Valley, SF etc etc ). it's quite interesting when the rich lock themselves into a lifestyle that no one else can afford and then there's no one to serve them because no one else can afford to live there. not a bad thing, imho - looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.:cheers:
Worked on a house that’s next door to where one of the carpenters we work with used to live. Told him I painted your old neighbors house. He laughed. Said there was a block/neighborhood party and the neighbor was a little drunk. He started bragging about being a millionaire and how successful he is. The carpenter, who’s a big local moke, scoffed at the bragging and told him I use lick guys like you in school and walked away. Haha.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Yesterday morning my friend and I scored a fun biggish tow session at a Maui outer reef with no one else around. As we're returning into Kahului harbor I saw a familiar outfit (red shorts, yellow tank top, orange helmet) carving it up on a foil on the wave next to the channel. I yelled out and sure enough, it was the Steamroller. He looked to be having as much fun as us with only two other guys sharing his wave. Hawaii not done!!

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Yesterday morning my friend and I scored a fun biggish tow session at a Maui outer reef with no one else around. As we're returning into Kahului harbor I saw a familiar outfit (red shorts, yellow tank top, orange helmet) carving it up on a foil on the wave next to the channel. I yelled out and sure enough, it was the Steamroller. He looked to be having as much fun as us with only two other guys sharing his wave. Hawaii not done!!

Yeeeeaaaaahhh!...was dead calm but next time theres wind im callingyou up!...flew in first flight and surfed the kahului harbor...checked guardrails and lahaina harbor ...ate at MokuRoots...back to kahului harbor till the flight back to O'ahu...quick 6 hours of surf...win win!...

VideoCapture_20220114-224624.jpg

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Love it! Seeing that guy in grey ride all the way into the boat ramp was a trip. That ski I was on belongs to the owner of Moku Roots, she'll be happy to hear that you love her place. Look forward to seeing you next time!

• Love
Reactions: PPK96754

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
I imagine with foils now a lot of people are foiling 1000 peaks, guard rails, and the harbor?
Guardrails has become THE foil spot. Living within biking range I'm awfully tempted to learn. The longboard waves at Kahului harbor have been popular with foilers for years but this was the first time I saw them on the ledging wave west of the channel. It's usually a shortboard & bodyboard spot. As we were loading the ski on the trailer a guy was walking toward the water with a body-foil board. You get any photos of him Clinton?

Reactions: steamroller

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Guardrails has become THE foil spot. Living within biking range I'm awfully tempted to learn. The longboard waves at Kahului harbor have been popular with foilers for years but this was the first time I saw them on the ledging wave west of the channel. It's usually a shortboard & bodyboard spot. As we were loading the ski on the trailer a guy was walking toward the water with a body-foil board. You get any photos of him Clinton?
I’d learn if I was biking distance for sure.