The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
He got his information from a Guardian article? not only that, he didn't even read it right. He said (wrongly) on the show that boys were at greater risk of getting myocarditis from the shot than from the virus. The article says boys are more likely to get myocarditis than go to the hospital from Covid. Two different things. Sloppy work, Joe.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
What does ____ have to do with democracy? There's nothing more democratic than the fact people do chose Rogan over the NYT or CNN, and that they have the ability to make that choice. Seems that you are the one who has a problem with democracy :unsure:
I feel like the flip side of this argument is allowing the businesses to do as they see fit, a la Twitter bans

if you don't think content creators should be held accountable and that people can make their own choices, I don't see why the platforms should be held to a higher standard of objectivity or openness

I understand that I'm conflating things a bit here, but I'm sure you kennit the spirit of my point

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I feel like the flip side of this argument is allowing the businesses to do as they see fit, a la Twitter bans

if you don't think content creators should be held accountable and that people can make their own choices, I don't see why the platforms should be held to a higher standard of objectivity or openness

I understand that I'm conflating things a bit here, but I'm sure you kennit the spirit of my point
I don't have a problem with any of them above, maybe just be transparent about it :unsure:

Reactions: afoaf

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He got his information from a Guardian article? not only that, he didn't even read it right. He said (wrongly) on the show that boys were at greater risk of getting myocarditis from the shot than from the virus. The article says boys are more likely to get myocarditis than go to the hospital from Covid. Two different things. Sloppy work, Joe.

New study released 25 December shows incidence of Myocarditis among under 40 mRNA vaccinated males is worse than that induced by Covid itself.

Definitive preprint study of 25 December 2021 analysing data from 42,000,000 cases in the UK finds that the risk of developing myocarditis among young males after mRNA vaccination is greater than the risk of developing myocarditis after covid infection.”

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
42 million cases of what? Beer? There have been only 15M Covid cases in the entire UK, and I'm going to guess only a couple of thousand cases of myocarditis in the entire population. Heck, only 36M British have been fully vaxxed. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Are you listening to yourself? You are freebleeding about Rogan's popularity nonstop and calling him a "threat" to democracy. Hyperbole much :unsure: :roflmao: Rogan is popular because he gives the people what they want, which is about as democratic as it gets.

Yes, I am singling MSNBC, CNN and NYT out because those are the outlets losing ground and getting butthurt about Rogan's success. Those are also the outlets who regularly pander to the crazies on both sides (Fox for the right, obvi) and spread divisive narratives in order to capture and maintain their market share.

And they're losing, and yes, it's funny :roflmao:

Which is irrelevant, because large swaths of the world aren't even democratic to begin with, nor do they care about who Rogan is unless they are English speaking and/or into MMA.

I'm not ignoring them, I simply don't think they are relevant to the discussion. They aren't losing millions of eyeballs to new media outlets because they have their niche and are not dependent on clickbait, TDS and identity politics to pay their anchors and executives exorbitant salaries.
So because I think spreading misinformation is shitting on democracy, I hate democracy? lololo

People also want cocaine, free money and Fox News.
Give people what they want!

NYT wants to bring Rogan down because he's taking away their eyeballs! :roflmao:
Not because they have an antiquated business model.

You're a fucking retard.

Bye.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I would guess that 'misinformation' includes an intent. Not too complicated
What "intent" would you or Fecal ascribe to Rogan?

When you say "intent" regarding "misinformation" are you referring to the intent of networks like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times and people like hal9000 spending four years knowingly spreading information based on ill-will, un-named sources, speculation and rumors with the intent of damaging a new president who had beaten their beloved Hillary? That kind of intent?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
What "intent" would you or Fecal ascribe to Rogan?

When you say "intent" regarding "misinformation" are you referring to the intent of networks like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times and people like hal9000 spending four years knowingly spreading information based on ill-will, un-named sources, speculation and rumors with the intent of damaging a new president who had beaten their beloved Hillary? That kind of intent?

I'm not ascribing intent to anyone.
I'm saying that intent would probably be an important characteristic when trying to pinpoint a definition of misinformation.

Would you disagree with a criteria for misinformation that includes intent?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I'm not ascribing intent to anyone.
I'm saying that intent would probably be an important characteristic when trying to pinpoint a definition of misinformation.

Would you disagree with a criteria for misinformation that includes intent?
The problem with your point here is that the vast majority of what is being called "misinformation" in the context of this subject as it relates to Rogan are ideas, viewpoints, opinions and open conversation before a viewing audience. You talk about intent which quite frankly is irrelevant in this context. The people who claim Rogan is spreading "misinformation" don't care about his intent. They just don't want his viewpoint, opinions or open conversation with guests to be heard. Its not the information that bothers them its that he's challenging them in the arena of ideas and challenging control and authoritarianism.

Reactions: grapedrink

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The problem with your point here is that the vast majority of what is being called "misinformation" in the context of this subject as it relates to Rogan are ideas, viewpoints, opinions and open conversation before a viewing audience. You talk about intent which quite frankly is irrelevant in this context. The people who claim Rogan is spreading "misinformation" don't care about his intent. They just don't want his viewpoint, opinions or open conversation with guests to be heard. Its not the information that bothers them its that he's challenging them in the arena of ideas and challenging control and authoritarianism.
If they don't care about intent then they are probably not doing a good job of calling out misinformation.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with how misinformation should be identified. You're just describing specific instances of people saying things. I am trying to convey what i think defines 'misinformation' as a term

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
If they don't care about intent then they are probably not doing a good job of calling out misinformation.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with how misinformation should be identified. You're just describing specific instances of people saying things. I am trying to convey what i think defines 'misinformation' as a term
Also - perhaps there is a clear intention with Rogan, profit through growth of his program. I would imagine most of what he says is based in this. Can this be a form of 'misinformation', of course. Maybe not the boogey man political type but some if it is probably intentioned to maximize attention. Whether that is good or bad, who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
You're just describing specific instances of people saying things. I am trying to convey what i think defines 'misinformation' as a term
I've never mentioned a specific instant of anything in this thread. Read what I wrote again.

Also - perhaps there is a clear intention with Rogan, profit through growth of his program. I would imagine most of what he says is based in this. Can this be a form of 'misinformation', of course. Maybe not the boogey man political type but some if it is probably intentioned to maximize attention. Whether that is good or bad, who knows.
Rogan's popularity isn't tied to the things the screechers say. The opinions he's expressing are not profit based. His popularity and profit aren't tied to this. He was huge before covid. If there is any profit motive at all worth speaking of in the context of this thread it would be that of the legacy media companies who want the plug pulled on him because they see how badly legacy media is losing ground to the world of podcasts.

Reactions: grapedrink

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I've never mentioned a specific instant of anything in this thread. Read what I wrote again.

Rogan's popularity isn't tied to the things the screechers say. The opinions he's expressing are not profit based. His popularity and profit aren't tied to this. He was huge before covid. If there is any profit motive at all worth speaking of in the context of this thread it would be that of the legacy media companies who want the plug pulled on him because they see how badly legacy media is losing ground to the world of podcasts.
You are wrong

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Who determines what misinformation is? Its different viewpoints and opinions that people like you really want shut down. Who the fuk are you kidding...........
Facts. Facts are not a matter of opinion.
They just are.

This is why you are repeating that you don't know what's in the vaccine and what the side effects are.

Because you are a misinformed retard.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: GromsDad and mundus