The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That looks a lot like people not wanting left wing ideology pushed on their kids. Kids who have no choice in the matter.
No point in arguing with childless, incel coomers.
???

The articles are about books in libraries, not books assigned as part of the class curricula. Kids have every choice in that matter. I do not see a similar effort to ban Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead from school libraries. Of course, if we were to look at that, we'd find an attempt to push right wing ideology on kids who have no choice in the matter.

Chair of Idaho Senate's Education Committee:

we don’t need the opinion of a childless incel coomer with a lot of child pr0n on his computer.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Reactions: bird.LA

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We’ve been seeing the anti-Rogan messaging from the foot soldiers here for months
You’re starting to sound paranoid like Squidley. Next you’re gonna call us paid affiliates. I wish Soros was lining my pockets for posting here.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Joe Rogan: Welcome to the show grapedrink. What do you do all day?
grapedrink: "I defend your honor all day on a surfing related website. People criticize you and I'm just not having it. I attack them with smiley faces."
Joe Rogan: "You do what? How do you attack someone with a smiley face?"
grapedrink: "If I disagree with someone, but I can't make up a reason why, I put a smiley face. Like I'm laughing."
Joe Rogan: " I'm confused. If you disagree with them, doesn't your site have another symbol, like a thumbs down for example, to show you disagree? And if you're wrong, why are you smiling? Aren't you able to use words? They don't have to be accurate, by the way. Just make something up. And if they don't like it just chuckl. Oh, I get it now."
:roflmao: Nice work I dig it! First time I've seen you post an original thought and not plagiarize, congrats :beer:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
It is very different and you event agreed with it.
Major media outlets have to show accountability if they want to stay in business. YouTube trolls thrive on not being accountable, that's their whole business model. If they state a lie they never have to correct it or admit they were wrong and their audience will beleive it forever.
I agree that the accountability aspect of it is asymetrical and unfairly tilted against actual media. I don't have an easy answer for that.

That said, for the most part, Rogan is just giving bad info, not committing slander against others like the media gets caught in time and time again.

So because I disagree with the bullshit Rogan spews, I hate democracy?
NO. For the 27th time, you hate the fact that people are CHOOSING to listen to Rogan overwhelmingly. Which like I said, is about as democratized as media can get. And you hate that :(

You are even dumber than him because you think you're really, really smart.
I seem to get by just fine in life :beer:

Quote me where I said I was against that, liar.
You constantly bemoaning Rogan and saying he is a "threat to democracy" seems to indicate that :roflmao: You just don't like it when democracy goes in a direction that YOU don't like. Which is fair- because at the end of the day democracy is basically mob rule.

What would "stepping up the game" look like in your opinion to an outlet like Reuters or AP?
Those are top shelf outlets and not who I was speaking of. Unfortunately the vast majority of TV news is nothing like that, and same goes for most print news.

. People turn to Rogan instead of Reuters not because Reuters doesn't have credibility but because Rogan confirms their biases. It's the oldest trick that both Fox and MSNBC played for decades, YouTube just took it up a notch or ten.
Nobody here is comparing Reuters to Rogan, that's another one of your typical goalpost moving strawman diversions. As far as I know Reuters is not losing significant ground to Rogan. It's CNN, MSN, NYT etc that have it out for him.

Alt-media is shitting on this democracy and you think that's funny.
No, the Alt media is shitting on the crappy outlets that are also a threat.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I agree that the accountability aspect of it is asymetrical and unfairly tilted against actual media. I don't have an easy answer for that.

That said, for the most part, Rogan is just giving bad info, not committing slander against others like the media gets caught in time and time again.

NO. For the 27th time, you hate the fact that people are CHOOSING to listen to Rogan overwhelmingly. Which like I said, is about as democratized as media can get. And you hate that :(

I seem to get by just fine in life :beer:

You constantly bemoaning Rogan and saying he is a "threat to democracy" seems to indicate that :roflmao: You just don't like it when democracy goes in a direction that YOU don't like. Which is fair- because at the end of the day democracy is basically mob rule.

Those are top shelf outlets and not who I was speaking of. Unfortunately the vast majority of TV news is nothing like that, and same goes for most print news.

Nobody here is comparing Reuters to Rogan, that's another one of your typical goalpost moving strawman diversions. As far as I know Reuters is not losing significant ground to Rogan. It's CNN, MSN, NYT etc that have it out for him.

No, the Alt media is shitting on the crappy outlets that are also a threat.
Reuters and AP are as bad as any outlet when it comes to misleading headlines for clicks. To survive as a news organization you must be persistent in actual news and not have a marketing department.....oitherwise you're just making a decision on which lowest common denominator demographic to go after and tailoring news accordingly.

Most of the news readers and plagiarists couldn't tell you whats going on east of I5 or west of I95.

Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Reuters and AP are as bad as any outlet when it comes to misleading headlines for clicks. To survive as a news organization you must be persistent in actual news and not have a marketing department.
Where does Doug go for his news?:poke:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
As far as I know Reuters is not losing significant ground to Rogan. It's CNN, MSN, NYT etc that have it out for him.
Does CNN really have it out for Rogan? It seems like they have some USA Today columnist and a Republican who lost a primary for not injecting bleach righteously enough argue about the latest Reuters report that Rogan went full potato.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
"Hate"? :roflmao:

Even if I do "hate" Rogan, how does this make me hate democracy?

Are you fucking listening to yourself?

Speaking of strawman, singleing out CNN, Fox and MSNBC as the only mainstream media is as stupid as it gets.

Most of the world have never heard of either Fox or MSNBC and other than boomers, nobody in the US even gives a sh!t.

There are hundreds of legitimate media outlets that you are ignoring.

Rogan, who is spreading misinformation largely unchallenged, is not one of them.
He's the other side of Fox and MSNBC but without accountability of any kind, which makes him 100 times worse.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"Hate"? :roflmao:

Even if I do "hate" Rogan, how does this make me hate democracy?

Are you fucking listening to yourself?
Are you listening to yourself? You are freebleeding about Rogan's popularity nonstop and calling him a "threat" to democracy. Hyperbole much :unsure: :roflmao: Rogan is popular because he gives the people what they want, which is about as democratic as it gets.

Speaking of strawman, singleing out CNN, Fox and MSNBC as the only mainstream media is as stupid as it gets.
Yes, I am singling MSNBC, CNN and NYT out because those are the outlets losing ground and getting butthurt about Rogan's success. Those are also the outlets who regularly pander to the crazies on both sides (Fox for the right, obvi) and spread divisive narratives in order to capture and maintain their market share.

And they're losing, and yes, it's funny :roflmao:

Most of the world have never heard of either Fox or MSNBC and other than boomers, nobody in the US even gives a sh!t.
Which is irrelevant, because large swaths of the world aren't even democratic to begin with, nor do they care about who Rogan is unless they are English speaking and/or into MMA.

There are hundreds of legitimate media outlets that you are ignoring.
I'm not ignoring them, I simply don't think they are relevant to the discussion. They aren't losing millions of eyeballs to new media outlets because they have their niche and are not dependent on clickbait, TDS and identity politics to pay their anchors and executives exorbitant salaries.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand