The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Intentionally mining and spreading misinformation for profit is wrong. Anyone remember right and wrong?
With Trump, Rogan et al, the lines are more blurry than ever. Everybody operates on different set of facts, whether they're real or not seems irrelevant.
They get equal play.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nice strawman. Has anybody claimed otherwise?
All lies are equally bad.
Generally speaking though, the mainstream outlets cannot get away with lies as much, there's way more accountability than any of the YouTube shitheads who spread misinformation who nobody even bothers correcting.
Yes, I would agree with all of the above.

Rogan and his ilk have everything to do with democracy. Mislead, misinformed and ignorant electorate make misleading, misinformed and ignorant choices. Trump was a direct result of social media dhiarhea on truth. Russian troll farms didn't help either.
Which again, is not much different than the traditional media that regularly smears candidates they don't like and manipulates public opinion on a whole range of issues.

And please explain why do you think I have problem with democracy. :roflmao:
Uuuhhh, Rogan is popular because people choose to tune into him. You hate the fact that a large contingent of the populace chooses Rogan, who regularly hosts guests who's views you disagree with.

I can't think of anything more democratic than people having a wide range of choices of outlets and exercising that choice.

This has absolutely nothing to do with traditional media but you love that strawman so much that you can't give it up.
Actually it does, because they are losing ground and they know it. And instead of stepping up their own game, they double down on lies and push divisive narratives because they know that is what people want.

The "new media" has zero accountability and that has to change if we want to preserve the democracy.
:roflmao:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Joe Rogan: Welcome to the show grapedrink. What do you do all day?
grapedrink: "I defend your honor all day on a surfing related website. People criticize you and I'm just not having it. I attack them with smiley faces."
Joe Rogan: "You do what? How do you attack someone with a smiley face?"
grapedrink: "If I disagree with someone, but I can't make up a reason why, I put a smiley face. Like I'm laughing."
Joe Rogan: " I'm confused. If you disagree with them, doesn't your site have another symbol, like a thumbs down for example, to show you disagree? And if you're wrong, why are you smiling? Aren't you able to use words? They don't have to be accurate, by the way. Just make something up. And if they don't like it just chuckl. Oh, I get it now."

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Which again, is not much different than the traditional media that regularly smears candidates they don't like and manipulates public opinion on a whole range of issues.
It is very different and you event agreed with it.
Major media outlets have to show accountability if they want to stay in business. YouTube trolls thrive on not being accountable, that's their whole business model. If they state a lie they never have to correct it or admit they were wrong and their audience will beleive it forever.

Uuuhhh, Rogan is popular because people choose to tune into him. You hate the fact that a large contingent of the populace chooses Rogan, who regularly hosts guests who's views you disagree with.
So because I disagree with the bullshit Rogan spews, I hate democracy? :roflmao:

GrapesDad is about right. :foreheadslap:

You are even dumber than him because you think you're really, really smart.

GrapesDad said:
I can't think of anything more democratic than people having a wide range of choices of outlets and exercising that choice.
Quote me where I said I was against that, liar.

GrapesDad said:
Actually it does, because they are losing ground and they know it. And instead of stepping up their own game, they double down on lies and push divisive narratives because they know that is what people want.
What would "stepping up the game" look like in your opinion to an outlet like Reuters or AP?

Spew more inflammatory garbage like your hero?

Who wants to listen to boring facts when they can listen to someone who will confirm everything they want to beleive, whether it's true or not?

People turn to Rogan instead of Reuters not because Reuters doesn't have credibility but because Rogan confirms their biases. It's the oldest trick that both Fox and MSNBC played for decades, YouTube just took it up a notch or ten.

Alt-media is shitting on this democracy and you think that's funny.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

IMHO Comes from all sides at all times, just varying intensity. Albus Dumbledore knows about as much about science as Joe Rogan. I bet there are some districts where if Mein Kampf was in the school library (or something like that) there'd be pearl-clutching.
That looks a lot like people not wanting left wing ideology pushed on their kids. Kids who have no choice in the matter.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Rogan was right about this:
There is definitely an iceberg of unreported heart incidents backing the 5 studies about myocarditis. There's still the question of risk:reward versus COVID respiratory and circulatory problems, but ACIP was using a much-lower vaccine-induced myocarditis rate to calculate this and needs to amend their recommendations immediately as well as pull Moderna for men under 40 like so many other countries have done.

Zubin Damania is going to do a podcast about what RW Malone got wrong, including ivermectin.

If only we had news agencies and bureaucracies that told the truth instead of guys like Rogan. I remember when CNN wasn't run by Jeff Zucker and was a lot better. MSNBC was better. I remember when the CDC wasn't run by a compulsive liar.

Reactions: Chocki

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That looks a lot like people not wanting left wing ideology pushed on their kids. Kids who have no choice in the matter.
???

The articles are about books in libraries, not books assigned as part of the class curricula. Kids have every choice in that matter. I do not see a similar effort to ban Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead from school libraries. Of course, if we were to look at that, we'd find an attempt to push right wing ideology on kids who have no choice in the matter.

Chair of Idaho Senate's Education Committee:

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I'll bet there are conservative leaning books there too. Maybe even the bible. Lol.

Also, available in the library =/= pushing left wing ideology.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Rogan was right about this:
There is definitely an iceberg of unreported heart incidents backing the 5 studies about myocarditis. There's still the question of risk:reward versus COVID respiratory and circulatory problems, but ACIP was using a much-lower vaccine-induced myocarditis rate to calculate this and needs to amend their recommendations immediately as well as pull Moderna for men under 40 like so many other countries have done.

Zubin Damania is going to do a podcast about what RW Malone got wrong, including ivermectin.

If only we had news agencies and bureaucracies that told the truth instead of guys like Rogan. I remember when CNN wasn't run by Jeff Zucker and was a lot better. MSNBC was better. I remember when the CDC wasn't run by a compulsive liar.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
???

The articles are about books in libraries, not books assigned as part of the class curricula. Kids have every choice in that matter. I do not see a similar effort to ban Atlas Shrugged or The Fountainhead from school libraries. Of course, if we were to look at that, we'd find an attempt to push right wing ideology on kids who have no choice in the matter.

Chair of Idaho Senate's Education Committee:

Ah, ok. Those people are assholes. Fuck ‘em.

See, that wasn’t that hard.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Got up this morning, hopped on my computer and came across the story below. Gotta love those free thinking freedom lovers over at NBC. We've always known how much the left hates the freedom of religion and the freedom to have firearms. Now they are being so bold as to openly start demanding censorship of popular public figures and going for Rogan. They are making no bones about it either, they don't want the open conversation, opinions and ideas aired on his show to even be heard or to have a platform to be heard upon.

Funny thing is that if not for this forum I wouldn't even know who Rogan is. Perhaps down the road the left will shut down places like the erBB politics forum too. Can't have information like that getting out there. Perhaps they can send people like me to the gulag for having unapproved opinions.

Love the subheading they put on this story by the way.......

"Calling on Spotify to take action against the mass-misinformation events which continue to occur on its platform."

MASS MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!! We have a new buzzphrase for morons like Hal and Skully to parrot. How freaking awesome. We can't let things we don't agree with be heard and let those things stand or fall based on there merits. Nope, we've got to pull the plug so these ideas have a platform to get out there.

It’s so incredibly obvious.

We’ve been seeing the anti-Rogan messaging from the foot soldiers here for months