The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Are the Solites good for really cold water (40s)?

Have a Feral 5/4/3 en route. Hope it fits.

Have a Feral 5/4/3 thats supposed to be delivered today. If it fits will be taking it for a spin next couple days.

still really digging the Solite booties.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Are the Solites good for really cold water (40s)?
IDK, I wear 3 mil in low to upper 50s n they’re warm; would think the 5 mil would be good for 40s. hopefully someone w that experience chimes in.

Feral doesn’t fit; bummed. Think I’m gonna go Bong Furnace For this barrel chested Barney Rubble shaped guy.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: oeste858

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
My Feral 4/3 CZ arrived yesterday and I didn't like the fit as well. I loved the feel of the neoprene and walked around the house for a good 20 minutes trying to convince myself to keep it.

I'm solidly in their MT size range, 6' and 165-168 (depending on IPA intake) and the arms were a tad short, the neck was super tight, plus the little zipper snap doohickey was really tricky to get snapped.

It felt like the neck flap was a 3/8" off center and pulling towards where the zipper originates. For how buttery the neoprene felt, there was quite a bit of resistance in the armpits when lifting my arms up.

I guess I'd have to spend an extra $180 and get a 7TILL8 if I want a suit with similar neoprene. The Isurus Evade 4/3 is only $6 less, so may as well get a custom, plus 7TILL8 is all Yamo 40.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
My Feral 4/3 CZ arrived yesterday and I didn't like the fit as well. I loved the feel of the neoprene and walked around the house for a good 20 minutes trying to convince myself to keep it.

I'm solidly in their MT size range, 6' and 165-168 (depending on IPA intake) and the arms were a tad short, the neck was super tight, plus the little zipper snap doohickey was really tricky to get snapped.
Bummer you guys are not fitting the Feral. Everyone I've talked to IRL that has one loves it. Like you, I tried on 3/2 LT for 15 min trying to see if I would keep it. I really liked the feel of it but was maybe just a 1/2" too short in the torso. I ended up keeping the Isurus LT (zipperless so definitely a little more stretch) instead, and it fits like a glove. I believe it's the same rubber.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
2 questions.

Anyone ever try a Reunion wetsuit?
Anyone have one of those new Ho Stevie wetsuits?

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
2 questions.

Anyone ever try a Reunion wetsuit?
Anyone have one of those new Ho Stevie wetsuits?
Several guys that work at Pureglass have and love their Reunion's. They dodge the pricing question since I'm sure they're getting a hook-up since Ryo uses their building. IG is the best way to get a hold of him.

Reactions: oeste858

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Several guys that work at Pureglass have and love their Reunion's. They dodge the pricing question since I'm sure they're getting a hook-up since Ryo uses their building. IG is the best way to get a hold of him.
I’ve been in Reunion for a few years now. A 2/2 and a 3/3 with lots of smoothie rubber is all I need for a SoCal winter. Remember…not all smoothie is created equal. Very comparable to the couple Axxe suits I’ve had. All are custom fit, custom colors, custom entry(all velcro for me), etc. And I’m also going to dodge the pricing question bc I’m friends with Ryo. But yeah, hit him on IG if interested
67950B14-CF6F-4C5F-B1B1-07E7F5119F7D.jpeg30B75E92-3F73-4986-B543-D4935E584CB8.jpeg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I’ve been in Reunion for a few years now. A 2/2 and a 3/3 with lots of smoothie rubber is all I need for a SoCal winter. Remember…not all smoothie is created equal. Very comparable to the couple Axxe suits I’ve had. All are custom fit, custom colors, custom entry(all velcro for me), etc. And I’m also going to dodge the pricing question bc I’m friends with Ryo. But yeah, hit him on IG if interested
View attachment 122439View attachment 122440
Bit disappointed your custom wetsuit quiver isn’t 20 deep.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I picked up 4/3 Isurus Friday. 4 surfs in and I am digging it. Really, really warm. Warmer than my 4/3 Flash bomb. Very good flexibility. Quick dry (not quite as quick as feral) Chest zip is only negative as many mentioned before. I couldn’t even do it my first surf. Cousin had to help me out. But I got the zipper threading thing down now. Non-issue. Funny on wetsuit sizing. I’m LS in this. MT in Feral. L in Rip Curl but that is too big. 5”11 180 ish. Bottom line is big ups.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
View attachment 122439View attachment 122440
Sorry I know i posted this before but if you're goong to charge a premium for a good wetsuit at least design a website that explains the product and price. And why are you hanging your suits by the shoulders?

how long does this velcro last?

Reactions: daave

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
Sorry I know i posted this before but if you're goong to charge a premium for a good wetsuit at least design a website that explains the product and price. And why are you hanging your suits by the shoulders?

how long does this velcro last?
Nah…I don’t hang ‘em by the shoulders when not in use, it was just to show the entire suit. Can’t do that when they’re hanging from the waist. The velcro patch is wide and is a stronger version than those used on leashes, no issue with durability there