Rounded pin tail twins

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Looks like Pavones to me
Yeah, the first part looks like it's Pavones (though, I've never surfed that part of the country). I mistakenly clicked in at 3:00 in where the footage is at Escondida, which was the same as a shorter video floating around that's only in that zone. I should have watched the whole vid before typing.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Yeah, the first part looks like it's Pavones (though, I've never surfed that part of the country). I mistakenly clicked in at 3:00 in where the footage is at Escondida, which was the same as a shorter video floating around that's only in that zone. I should have watched the whole vid before typing.
I'm also pretty sure that's Pavones. Definitely made me jones to go back.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Have to say I'm very impressed with this board. I think these videos do a good job of showing how well the board works backside for a twin and how well the board works in general for the average surfer. I've ridden A LOT of twin fins and I'd say this one is hands down the most versatile and generally enjoyable model I've had to date.

Reactions: j_mac and sdsrfr

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Have to say I'm very impressed with this board. I think these videos do a good job of showing how well the board works backside for a twin and how well the board works in general for the average surfer. I've ridden A LOT of twin fins and I'd say this one is hands down the most versatile and generally enjoyable model I've had to date.
Which model?

Reactions: j_mac

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
what size CI do you have?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Borrowed this 6'8" X 20&3/4" X 2&5/8" channel bottomed round tail twin from Hugo from Hughies surfboards. Such a nice guy. Option to buy it if I want. It's one of his personals so may not be quite enough foam for me but with more good 4' plus waves and the local points firing up again next week will give it a run.
Paulownia and cork with no fibreglass. Marine varnish to seal it and bio resin for the fin boxes and leash plug. Probably try some Asher Pacey twins and also the flex twins in my avatar pic.
Hard to make out the channels as it's twilight of a rainy evening as the low that was Cyclone Seth goes past not far North of us.
Not my lawn.
IMG_20220107_174252_HDR.jpgIMG_20220107_174313_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220107_174201_HDR.jpgIMG_20220107_174131_HDR.jpgIMG_20220107_174350_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Borrowed this 6'8" X 20&3/4" X 2&5/8" channel bottomed round tail twin from Hugo from Hughies surfboards. Such a nice guy. Option to buy it if I want. It's one of his personals so may not be quite enough foam for me but with more good 4' plus waves and the local points firing up again next week will give it a run.
Paulownia and cork with no fibreglass. Marine varnish to seal it and bio resin for the fin boxes and leash plug. Probably try some Asher Pacey twins and also the flex twins in my avatar pic.
Hard to make out the channels as it's twilight of a rainy evening as the low that was Cyclone Seth goes past not far North of us.
Not my lawn.
View attachment 121987View attachment 121989
View attachment 121990View attachment 121991View attachment 121992
No resin? Is the paulwonia chambered or skins? If skins, how are they atached to blank without resin? If chambered what's the weight?

Post a ride report when you can.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
No resin? Is the paulwonia chambered or skins? If skins, how are they atached to blank without resin? If chambered what's the weight?

Post a ride report when you can.
Paulownia skins with glue applied and then vacuum bagged onto an eps blank.
Click on this thread for a bit more detail.

Reactions: One-Off