Drew Brophy - in ICU w/ COVID fighting for his life

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Cool story, except nothing about the COVID vaccine is brand new, untested and contraversial.
Wow. You really are as stupid as everyone here makes you out to be without even trying. Is the COVID-19 shot relatively new? Why yes it is. Is it untested? Obviously not enough testing because it leaks with breakthrough cases but others will say it works but we’ll find out in 54years (or 72) when the FDA finally allows full disclosure. Is it controversial? What fcuking rock and mask have you been hiding behind these last 2 years to make that claim?

Jun 3, 2015
who knows more than any of us about the vaccine? Pfizer. What did Pfizer say when asked to assume regular liability as they do with other substances? “No way”.

surprising how many view this as zero risk, when the manufacturer signals otherwise. I’m for the vaccine but understand people need to be given the choice.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
It’s weird. My normally left leaning hippie vegan natural remedies, watch everything that goes into their bodies types of friends, who 3 years ago, would never think to willingly put something so brand new, untested and controversial into their system so quickly and easily got the jab.

Meanwhile, my right leaning friends who pop all the pharm meds for inflammations, headaches, depression and rush to the hospital for a splinter in the finger types are now so unwilling to get the jab because it’s so brand new, untested and controversial.
It's not weird once you realize most people are just full of crap. I find most people who self proclaim as right or left will act the complete opposite when they think no one is looking. The values they say they stand for are how they want others to act. Not how they themselves will be acting. Very few are the real deal. Respect to those who are. Either side.

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
I think we always assume the negative with this new vaccine. Instead of it being unhealthy for us, what if we find out it gives us super powers? Example: I always do 50 push ups each day before I go to lunch. The day after my first shot I noticed that once I hit 50 I wasn't as winded as I normally am, and went ahead and ended up at 61. (I've never done that before)

Glass full glass empty I guess.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Super hot conservative girl I know just sent me a msg she is sick as anything with covid and feels like death .

last week she told me it was all hoax. Hope she recovers sucks to see people led the wrong way by self chosen deity’s

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Wow. You really are as stupid as everyone here makes you out to be without even trying. Is the COVID-19 shot relatively new? Why yes it is. Is it untested? Obviously not enough testing because it leaks with breakthrough cases but others will say it works but we’ll find out in 54years (or 72) when the FDA finally allows full disclosure. Is it controversial? What fcuking rock and mask have you been hiding behind these last 2 years to make that claim?
:roflmao:

It's rare that somebody gets absolutely everything wrong.

Information is out there for everyone to read.

The problem is that people like you 'do their own research' on Facebook.

Motivated reasoning is a hella drug.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
who knows more than any of us about the vaccine? Pfizer. What did Pfizer say when asked to assume regular liability as they do with other substances? “No way”.

surprising how many view this as zero risk, when the manufacturer signals otherwise. I’m for the vaccine but understand people need to be given the choice.
Actually no, everyone knows the contents of the vaccine and its effects.

The only people who don't are the ones too lazy or too stupid to learn about it.

Or those motivated to think otherwise.

You don't get to be given the choice when your choice can harm people around you.

Reactions: tacos and Norm'

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
No, I get my stats from the CDC's website.

And most of these were children. It's a childhood disease.
It's about 10x deadlier for children than COVID.
View attachment 121619

COVID is worse for older Americans than polio. It's false that it's worse than polio for all Americans.
crude rate means it’s based on population (I.e, per 100,000 people) not a per-case rate. Apples and oranges.

But I’ll concede on the young children piece. The point still remains that the CFR for polio in children was still very small .025% and that led to a national vaccine adoption that consisted of 4 separate shots With an untested vaccine. From what I gather then, people will do far less to protect kids from disease than they will adults.

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Every vaccine has this protection. Derp.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
on his IG there’s an update that says Drew is recovering slightly and the family is thrilled he may get to take a new experimental treatment called avaptidil. Irony.

go fund me shows about $82k collected. That should cover a week or so.

Last edited:

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
on his IG there’s an update that says Drew is recovering slightly and the family is thrilled he may get to take a new experimental treatment called avaptidil. Irony.

go fund me shows about $82k collected. That should cover a week or so.
Funny how experimental drugs are suddenly ok when you are dying but an experimental vaccine that significantly reduces chance of death or hospitalisation doesnt do it for them. Conservative reasoning.

Either way hope him and all the other sick people get well soon and get back to normal life

Reactions: SlicedFeet

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Funny how experimental drugs are suddenly ok when you are dying but an experimental vaccine that significantly reduces chance of death or hospitalisation doesnt do it for them.
It’s actually perfectly normal. When you know that you are dying, you will accept anything that potentially helps because you have literally nothing to lose. Whereas If you are in a low risk demographic, the cost/benefit/risk profile is far murkier. Especially kids.

Disclaimer: I am not an anti vaxxer and I agree that it is a good idea for most.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Funny how experimental drugs are suddenly ok when you are dying but an experimental vaccine that significantly reduces chance of death or hospitalisation doesnt do it for them. Conservative reasoning.

Either way hope him and all the other sick people get well soon and get back to normal life
I'd rather not put anything experimental into my body unless there is no other way. I survived covid with no vax. I was not high risk. Tylenol, vitamins, lots of water. Two weeks of feeling ill and perhaps 5 days of actually feeling sick. Now I have real antibodies. If you're high risk, by all means get vaxxed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
crude rate means it’s based on population (I.e, per 100,000 people) not a per-case rate. Apples and oranges.

But I’ll concede on the young children piece. The point still remains that the CFR for polio in children was still very small .025% and that led to a national vaccine adoption that consisted of 4 separate shots With an untested vaccine. From what I gather then, people will do far less to protect kids from disease than they will adults.
Polio was paralyzing 15,000 kids per year in the 1950s when the population was 160 million (it was supposedly much worse in the '40s). In today's terms, that's roughly 30,000 kids. Then there are the fatalities you mentioned, mostly of children. For this, Salk developed the vaccine and we all took it as children. In fact, all of our vaccination programs were developed to prevent childhood illnesses because children are immunologically-naive to things like smallpox and MMR. I know old people who were maimed by these diseases before there were vaccines for them. Therefore, I don't know why you conclude people will do far less to protect kids from disease. You should conclude the exact opposite. It's more of a tragedy when children are maimed and killed by diseases because they have more years to live and children are the future of a society.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I'd rather not put anything experimental into my body unless there is no other way. I survived covid with no vax. I was not high risk. Tylenol, vitamins, lots of water. Two weeks of feeling ill and perhaps 5 days of actually feeling sick. Now I have real antibodies. If you're high risk, by all means get vaxxed.
There's nothing experimental about COVID vaccine.

You were sick for over two weeks.

Holy sh!t, this thread is insane.

Reactions: tacos and afoaf