Fav hot sauce's?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Sodium benzoate is not a toxin or carcinogen on its own, and large amounts of it would have to be consumed, not applied topically, for any adverse effects to be seen. ... Overall, sodium benzoate is one of the most reliable ingredients on the market and very safe for consumers.Jul 17, 2019

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Picked this up the other day at TJ's and tried it last night on some grilled chicken. Definitely on the milder side but it does heat up a little the more that you eat and has a great flavor imho. Don't think it will go into my favriots, but a worthy addition to the collection.

:cheers:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
yucateca green
habanero tabaso
texas pete's

this is the current lineup in the fridge....this covers all my bases

Reactions: Joshua2415

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Picked this up the other day at TJ's and tried it last night on some grilled chicken. Definitely on the milder side but it does heat up a little the more that you eat and has a great flavor imho. Don't think it will go into my favriots, but a worthy addition to the collection.

:cheers:
If you didn't pay over 100 bucks on whatever you're eating, it's probably not worthy of this sauce!

• Wow
Reactions: Joshua2415

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A staple and adequate enough condiment yes …best hot sauce Though? not feeling it

there are some epic little small batch Caribbean micro brands, hots as balls but with some complexity and Flavors that can hold their own against the heat they generate. The Thais are masters of this, but their version of spicy is too much for this round eye. I’m good for a few bites and even I have to cry uncle and eat a bunch of white rice

love me some home made Bajan hot sauce, for example. I’d put some of Barbados‘ very best hot sauces in the running for first place

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
“Hot sauce”

seriously. I never heard that hot yellow-orange goodness referred to by any other more specific name and I’ve been there 4x. Maybe there is some local name that I just never heard

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
ketchup? :shrug:

always have some on hand but i usually use it in combo with other stuff. not spicy enough for me.
That and it’s too sweet. Like ketchup, as you mentioned, it’s great to mix with other condiments to make aiolis or whatever but is not a standalone itself IMO

Reactions: CutnSnip