Go to Los Angeles and you will die…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Like what? Please be specific. And don’t waste our time with BLM chants of “Defund the Police” give us specific pieces of legislature and explain how they’re increasing the crime rate.
All of the cities that went forward with "defund the police" are eating crow as crime rises and cops either quit or stop bothering to answer calls. They are probably afraid of the retribution for actually doing their job, and/or they are tired of arresting people for crimes, only to have the DA softball it and never press charges. Minneapolis, Seattle, LA, SF are all doing just great under their dem leadership :roflmao:

And yes, I do agree that we need better accountability for LEOs. However we can also do that without having city councils throw them under the bus and giving them the power to actually do their job and protect citizens from shitheads.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
cops either quit or stop bothering to answer calls.
Hmmm... I said the same thing (more flippantly) and was told that I was part of a team who couldn't think critically. Careful.

You might want to look into LAPD budget numbers if you think LA "defunded the police."

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
There are some nice places in Lagos too
Victoria is supposed to be the nice place. Lagos is pretty abrupt on the senses. When you leave the airport you know you are in the 4th world. Major streets are just compacted garbage. They all say wait till you see Victoria Island. It's nice by Lagos standards...but it's still Nigeria and on Victoria Island people are still eating spoiled maggot infested meat as a delicacy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Hmmm... I said the same thing (more flippantly) and was told that I was part of a team who couldn't think critically. Careful.
Guess you gotta work on your eloquence. I'm happy to offer my consulting services
:beer:

You might want to look into LAPD budget numbers if you think LA "defunded the police."
I agree, and I don't think that LA did specifically. The "Defund" movement was largely symbolic. However we did see that in Seattle and Minneapolis, and it was a trainwreck. In LA and SF police don't even want to bother with shoplifting because they know that the DA won't do anything, even if it's above the $900 threshold. Now we have local businesses getting ransacked regularly.

The bigger issue is that police don't feel like they have the support of the communities and local governments that they serve. I can't think of a career track job that is more demoralizing than that.

Reactions: laidback

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
The bigger issue is that police don't feel like they have the support of the communities and local governments that they serve. I can't think of a career track job that is more demoralizing than that.
The police need to earn that support, and they've done a p!ss poor job of it. LAPD is hopelessly corrupt.

One way to start would be to actually discipline bad actors in their midst, but we know that when people ask them to do that they throw a tantrum and cry to the union.

I can think of a career track job that's at least equally demoralizing: public school teacher. Isn't it interesting that the same people who decry the teachers unions protecting bad teachers are quick to throw out support for cops who beat people who are already cuffed? Hmmm... wonder what's up with that.

Now we have local businesses getting ransacked regularly.
Also, has anyone who doesn't live in Ventura County actually witnessed this happening? Doesn't seem all that regular here.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
The police need to earn that support, and they've done a p!ss poor job of it. LAPD is hopelessly corrupt.

One way to start would be to actually discipline bad actors in their midst, but we know that when people ask them to do that they throw a tantrum and cry to the union.

I can think of a career track job that's at least equally demoralizing: public school teacher. Isn't it interesting that the same people who decry the teachers unions protecting bad teachers are quick to throw out support for cops who beat people who are already cuffed? Hmmm... wonder what's up with that.

Also, has anyone who doesn't live in Ventura County actually witnessed this happening? Doesn't seem all that regular here.

WaialuaNate

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 19, 2011
I know it happens *sometimes*

This is yet another example of a single event happening out in the exurbs. I thought this thread was about Los Angeles?
Santa Clarita is in LA county. Did you want a specific City of Los Angeles example?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
From the public, sure. However at the very least, the officers who do their job everyday should get the support of city hall when it comes to enforcing basic laws and public safety.

100%.

Also agreed, however most public teachers are not putting their actual lives on the line in the pursuit of their basic job duties. They are a softer target than LEOs and firefighters, so yes, I agree that they get thrown under the bus more often as a whole.

in SF it's well documented.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
Santa Clarita is in LA county. Did you want a specific City of Los Angeles example?
My point is that the news is delivering cherrypicked narratives to tap incite fear in you all in pursuit of clicks, and it's working quite well.

That you used an example way out in bumble in a post about a LAPD detective saying dumb, politically motivated sh!t about visiting the city of Los Angeles is a great illustration of how that works.

Again, not saying there are not shoplifting incidents here.

Reactions: $kully

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
in SF it's well documented.
Right, but this is a thread about how an LAPD detective said some dumb sh!t with the usual NPCs eating it up.

SF is a dystopian example of what COULD happen to many other cities if we let the NIMBYs continue to win.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

California decriminalized most crimes and Los Angeles and San Francisco notably decided not to prosecute what was left. LAPD has been defunded by greater than 300 million dollars.

There's a word for someone who supports policies that have a disproportionate negative impact on minority communities.

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
California decriminalized most crimes and Los Angeles and San Francisco notably decided not to prosecute what was left. LAPD has been defunded by greater than 300 million dollars.

There's a word for someone who supports policies that have a disproportionate negative impact on minority communities.
Wrong about the $300M number but that's ok. You're wrong about a lot of things.

Isn't it interesting how you are such a slave to binary thinking that you're unable to acknowledge any gray areas of cause and effect? That tough on crime policies had significant negative impacts as well.

I'd encourage you to learn to think critically, but I'm thinking your intellect is likely only capable of rote regurgitation. Sad.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Right, but this is a thread about how an LAPD detective said some dumb sh!t with the usual NPCs eating it up.

SF is a dystopian example of what COULD happen to many other cities if we let the NIMBYs continue to win.
SF is what happens when people don't care about their own backyard and elect DAs and politicians that refuses to prosecute quality of life crimes, and says things like:

“A person who can’t afford to buy the cosmetics from Walgreens or Victoria’s Secret, they’re able to get it half off,” said San Francisco prosecutor Myles Campbell, who until recently handled organized retail theft cases. “It’s kind of like the systemic inequality in our society is what’s fueling organized retail theft.”

You can't make this stuff up!

bird.LA

Jul 14, 2002
LA
SF is what happens when people don't care about their own backyard and elect DAs and politicians that refuses to prosecute quality of life crimes, and says things like:

“A person who can’t afford to buy the cosmetics from Walgreens or Victoria’s Secret, they’re able to get it half off,” said San Francisco prosecutor Myles Campbell, who until recently handled organized retail theft cases. “It’s kind of like the systemic inequality in our society is what’s fueling organized retail theft.”

You can't make this stuff up!

Yes, that quote is clownish.

And that prosecutor probably lives in a very nice single family home that he wants to keep construction and poor people away from.

Edit to add: Don't get me wrong, I think the vast majority of progressives are equally dumb and hypocritical as our Trump loving friends here.

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink