Surf Contest Equipment Trailer and the Complete Event Setup Was Stolen in Oceanside

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I think contests were probably pretty cool and fun back in the day. A real community thing?

Not so much anymore. Parents who never were trying to make their little kid the next big thing!!

Always enjoy your takes :cheers:

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I think contests were probably pretty cool and fun back in the day. A real community thing?

Not so much anymore. Parents who never were trying to make their little kid the next big thing!!

Always enjoy your takes :cheers:
No or a least not in 805 early 80s I did the Rincon "only time I surfed rincon" and Hammonds and quit no fun even then plenty bro bra groms "prima donna" sponsored by CI:toilet:

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
~snip~
then you may agree that more trailers need to be stolen.
^^^
F*CK that!
i h8 thieves, sooo badly...
I hope that you, Ranga, never get ripped off,
as many a member of thee Los Angeles surf crew, that i personally know,
{they whom live in a city of many a million pep'z},
1638636728338.jpeg
have been...

of course,
your thoughts, may indeed, differ...
l8erz, rw
:cheers:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
^^^
F*CK that!
i h8 thieves, sooo badly...
I hope that you, Ranga, never get ripped off,
as many a member of thee Los Angeles surf crew, that i personally know,
{they whom live in a city of many a million pep'z},
View attachment 120198
have been...

of course,
your thoughts, may indeed, differ...
l8erz, rw
:cheers:
Petty thievery is base, no question, and I'm sure it sux for all involved; but in my 40+ years of surfing, I have not seen contests improve the experience of the rank and file non-contest surf guy. Further, the surf contest ethic and the incomprehensible compulsion to GROW THE SPORT (read: grow the industry, grow the profits) is in direct opposition to that which drew me to the experience in the first place (simplicity, quietude, etc). I selfishly and pettily applaud anything that stands in the way of expansion and progress in the SPORT OF SURFING.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
hiya Ranga,
good day sir!

we both, i believe, do live in a capitalistic society, no?
i learnt to surf, in '76, on a surfin' board, made by Wind~n~Sea, 'twas a 6'3" single fin.
it surely cost some coin to have it's blank created, thee board shaped, then glassed, sanded, polished, + then displayed.
my Mom bought it, used, for $20.00 + 4 qualudes, for me, to learn how to stand up upon it, in 1976. pic here:
1st Surfboard~02.JPG

my 1st surfin' wetsuit,
was a dive suit, seen here:

so i rode a bus, from Venice, in to Santa Monica, by myself,
to then walked a few blocks past Montanta Ave in thee Northside of Doggie~Town, to meet up with a stranger,
whom i had read of his ad in thee Bargain Box of Santa Monica's old Evening Outlook Newspaper,
and well this dude was wishin' to sell said so wetsuit,
{which actually was a beaver~tail dive~suit},
for $22.00. so i bought it...

some company obviously made that beaver~tail wetsuit, seen with me modelin' it, apres surf, above,
tucked under + over my young 14 year ol' virgin nutz, just a~waitin' a few yearz
for Rebecca to start fondlin' 'em,
hahaha!

some~one,
some company,
they made that rubber, it's threadz, zipperz, too,
it did indeed, help keep me warm...
$$$!

waaay back then,
there were pep'z makin' $$$$$$$ alllll around surf,
which had not even yet exploded, like it did in Thee '80's, ya know,?
etc, etc, etc...

esh, 1 time, yearz ago,
as i used to sell alotta Zog's Sex~Wax, i asked him why he named it: Sex~Wax?
he told me, rw, "that randy, SEX sells", hahaha...

i can discuss the if's, thee how'z, the what not's, of capitalist society makin' coin: off surf, for hours upon hourz,
but ah, i'm gonna bail, wright now, so ah, you have you a pleasant Saturday, ok, as i too, will sure~ly try to do!
see ya, randy
:waving:

Last edited: