Hawaii- Done

byoda

OTF status
Jan 3, 2006
reminded me of time me and dad did this sailing trip from the Kbay yacht club to pokai bay in our newport 20 when i was 14 or so. we headed out crashboat channel 20 ft offshore barrels on both side of the channel. im pleadin with my dad to call off the trip and turn around he looked at me like WTF. there was one set i thought we were going to die we just got over it. anyway the real fun started when outside the reef clearing mokomanu in some pretty rough seas and i started puking. never knew about the dry heaves but i sure learned and theres my dad again having the time of his life enjoying it all i continued retching up bile for the next couple hours until we got the swell behind us out around sandys

Last edited:

mbw

Mar 17, 2004
Hono HI
reminded me of time me and dad did this sailing trip from the Kbay yacht club to pokai bay in our newport 20 when i was 14 or so. we headed out crashboat channel 20 ft offshore barrels on both side of the channel. im pleadin with my dad to call off the trip and turn around he looked at me like WTF. there was one set i thought we were going to die we just got over it. anyway the real fun started when outside the reef clearing mokapu in some pretty rough seas and i started puking. never knew about the dry heaves but i sure learned and theres my dad again having the time of his life enjoying it all i continued retching up bile for the next couple hours until we got the swell behind us out around sandys
like the left off of bird shat isle
7B12F1CE-ACC1-4E94-8475-D0DE043D3724.jpeg

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
got me wondering about that left slab a little further down the peninsula was doing
I can speak with certainty that at this specific time when the pic was taken that a left and right hand slab on the rocky portion around the corner of the island was firing and me and my friends scored.

Reactions: byoda

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
yike~iez!!!
Wild Weather?!?
Hawaii to see up to 12 inches of snow, while Denver faces historic absence of winter weather!!!

allow me to quote, ok?
"By the end of the weekend, in fact, Hawaii will have seen more snow this season than Denver.
The Mile-High City has gone 224 days since the last snowfall."

wa~ga!

:eek:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Who's ready for the weekend? Huge north swell and west winds. The spots that come alive once every few years may be working. lol

[/] The highway on Kauai's East side was clogged with cars in one particular area and Kealia Beach was glassy with crispy little waves. (Sat - 12 / 4)

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was thinking of a few of those spots myself…. They could/should have been ALL TIME

i got lucky at one of those spots when I was 24, first trip to NS Kauai. Got a few of the best back hand barrels of my life. Overhead and hollow (and shallow and apparently a dangerous spot) and just a few young local shredders nodding to me so I could get my fair share. Decades later it still stands out. Hell even my GF at the time saw the barrels from the point. An actual witness. She was all “yeah you were like, disappearing completely for seconds at a time”

yeah, memorable for sure

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Waikiki is insane now.

I’ll be the first to admit.

I didn’t really like the kakaako redevelopment at first but I’ve grown to fully appreciate it. It’s awesome. Such a better place to hang out for locals and so many awesome bars and restaurant.

No longer have to go waikiki for good food or bars

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Those e-bike groups doing evening rides are getting out of hand. They try to take over the whole street like a bike gang and they're all out of shape simps forgetting that they're on bicycles not motorcycles.
That’s Mitch and the bike factory. He’s a solid guy.

The whole thing originated I think in Seattle. Forget what it’s called but bikers basically take over the street

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
this morning was a trip
Downtown was without power
And our building got flooded again
they blocked the Dillingham exit off the freeway so I snuck in from Nimitz backtracking on Dillingham and talking my way past the police blockade by the prison.
the C&C crew was clearing the mess with a bulldozer and a scoop trying to clear the crap out of the river that was jammed at the bridge on Dillingham.
there was logs and 4 inches of mud in our outside parking lot I had to navigate through to get to the door. Should have brought my yard man black rubber boots to work. But that's what you get for being classified as "essential". I was one of the first in a building usually occupied by 800-1000 employees.

Also could barely see driving home last night
It was so dangerous with scared people driving 45 and others going 65 mph making giant rooster tails when they hit the ponding. Reminded me of whenever I go to northshore kauai for vacation.