Surf Contest Equipment Trailer and the Complete Event Setup Was Stolen in Oceanside

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Surf PE ruined surfing. They learn to surf in a big pack (around here 50-+ per class) and it doesn't seem they learn etiquette. They certainly have no qualms about three guys paddling out to a peak you were enjoying by yourself, even if there are peaks everywhere.

Actually I'm just jealous they didn't have surf PE when I was in school. Surfing was illegitimate in the 70's, potheads and bums.

I'm surprised the WSA still exists. I was thinking of joining the Malibu chapter just to see if they cleared the lineup for contests. Would defintley have been worth the entry fee to surf First Point with 3-4 other guys for 1/2 hour (or more if you advanced).

I had surf PE. I didn't fully appreciate it at the time. Now I work 30+ miles inland. It was fcking glorious as a student and the greatest ever class assignment for a teacher. Life as a PE teacher is pretty damn easy. But toss in a block period at the beach every morning? Good lord they had it good.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Um, that's cause everything is IN the trailer, right?
15K, to me, does not seem like an unreasonable amount for trailer and equipment.
No, look at their instagram to see the (lack of) equipment set up on the beach.

A few tents and tables.

Bob Dob made it sound like they have a bunch of expensive equipment stowed in that thing. From the photos it sure doesn't seem that way.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm sorry this is happening to you.
Sorry?

I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

Crippling a surf contest circuit.

Plus maybe it ruins a grom's day.

Also fun playing through all the possible scenarios in my head.

For instance, isn't it funny the trailer just so happens to disappear "early in the morning" on the one day it was moved from the usual location where it's stored?

Further the person who was responsible for it happens to know the exact frame of time it was stolen... so going by their story let's assume it's because it was parked at midnight at the temporary location on private property and then whoever was responsible for it went to check on it at 6 AM it and (GASP!) it was gone.

What are the chances of the stars aligning like that during that 6 hour window on the one day it happened to be move from its normal location?

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Sorry?

I'm thoroughly enjoying this.

Crippling a surf contest circuit.

Plus maybe it ruins a grom's day.

Also fun playing through all the possible scenarios in my head.

For instance, isn't it funny the trailer just so happens to disappear "early in the morning" on the one day it was moved from the usual location where it's stored?

Further the person who was responsible for it happens to know the exact frame of time it was stolen... so going by their story let's assume it's because it was parked at midnight at the temporary location on private property and then whoever was responsible for it went to check on it at 6 AM it and (GASP!) it was gone.

What are the chances of the stars aligning like that during that 6 hour window on the one day it happened to be move from its normal location?
You're trying too hard.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i gotta try this move next time they wanna throw a contest at my spot

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
No, look at their instagram to see the (lack of) equipment set up on the beach.

A few tents and tables.

Bob Dob made it sound like they have a bunch of expensive equipment stowed in that thing. From the photos it sure doesn't seem that way.
Oh, I see what you mean. On the IG.
K, I looked. They never show the inside of the tents, where all of the equipment is.
If you're worried about pilfering, then go after them. I really don't care either way.