*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
" That is why dealing with pandemics is hard "

You mentioned " pandemics " (plural), which " pandemics " are you referring to?

Just how many of these " pandemics " like these have taken place in the past?

And when has the WHOLE WORLD been taken over, and controlled by an authoritarian system like it is has been now,
because of a so called " pandemic " ?

...I am Goingoutside, ... now, ...try think about the present world situation...and.... connect the dots..... = TOTAL PSYOP!

Nothing I say to you is going to change your mind.

I can suggest some books.

This one is easy reading.

Start here and I can suggest some more difficult texts.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That's what I'm saying.

People don't like to be micromanaged.

In my profession the micromanaging is pretty intense - it's one of the main causes of burnout and meltdowns on the job.

Professions like public school elementary ed the same - a great way to drive the good teachers to go elsewhere.

And so on.

When a person in authority tells another adult what to do with their body it's an example of micromanaging. Just like anyplace else, a lot of people people will do as told...others not so much.

Then add in a dash of the (predictable) stupid.

And here we are.
Some people have to be managed.

I have classes where I can leave the kids alone and go on walkabout and they will do the work. Then I have classes where if I don't keep the pressure on them constantly they will instantly spin out of control.

I don't know why you think the people who didn't get the shots would have gotten the shot at some point without a mandate.

A better rule would be don't micro manage people who don't need to be micromanaged.

Reactions: afoaf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I don't know why you think the people who didn't get the shots would have gotten the shot at some point without a mandate.
Adults don't like to be pressured about personal issues.

There was research done in Europe - something like 30% of respondents said their refusal to take the vaccine was simply because mandates turned them off.

Don't have the link.

Anecdotally - do you know how unvaccinated people react when I have to tell them they can't come in the hospital to visit their sick relative without a COVID vaccine or negative COVID test?

Hint: It's not, "OK, I'll go get a COVID vaccine now."

(Not to mention most of them pick up pretty quick on how that sort of policy doesn't really make any sense and is designed to manipulate them - thus reinforcing their resolve.)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The idea that the mandate stopped them from getting the shot doesn't make sense because before the mandate they didn't get the shot.

The condition you are saying would have made them get the shot existed and they didn't get the shot.

I get that people don't like it. That is a separate issue. I don't like it either.

Did you get a booster?

I'm getting mine tommrow.

I'm a frontline first responder hero so I need to be topped up with micro chip juice.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
People also don't like being lied to "for their own good"

Personally, I can't stand being treated like a moron child by people who don't want to risk being honest because anything short of acting like the world is ending might cause reasonable folks to not jump and do what they're told without question.
If we had smart, honest, empathetic people like Monica Ghandi or Vinay Prasad in charge of our COVID response and CDC rather than cruel liars like Fauci and Walensky, there'd have been far less vaccine hesitancy. The big list of lies/liars for me were:
* You need the vaccine even if you've had COVID. (CDC)
* The vaccine works better than your immune memory to previous infection from COVID (Walensky/CDC)
* If you get the vaccine you won't get COVID (Walensky)
* Masks don't help then wear a mask (Fauci)
* You need a booster (Fauci/Walensky/Bourla)
* Disinterest/ lying about myocarditis rate in young men (CDC/Walensky)
* Accepting under-powered studies in children vs. known myocarditis rates in older cohorts (FDA/CDC/Peter Marks)

Scott Locklin has another big list of lies even before the vaccines came out.

I haven't even gotten into the regulatory capture yet.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The idea that the mandate stopped them from getting the shot doesn't make sense because before the mandate they didn't get the shot.

The condition you are saying would have made them get the shot existed and they didn't get the shot.
No.

It's not that simple.

"I'll get it when I get around to it."
"I'll get it when it's convenient for me."

For some people it just wasn't a priority for a wide variety of reasons (for instance they already had COVID).

etc etc

Here's a personal example that might help you understand:

I skipped the mandated flu shot this year after previously signing up to take it- my employer pissed me off by offering limited options to get it while on the clock and I have to wear a mask anyway.

Additionally they wanted me to get it in September.

I'm not going to go through the hassle of making an appointment to get it on my day off.

So I emailed employee health, told them their scheduling and timing sucked, and to count me out.

Chance of dying from flu is only 0.0001% anyway.

Did you get a booster?
Only when I was offered financial incentive.

Otherwise it wasn't a priority and I probably still wouldn't have gotten it.

I'm pretty lazy about this stuff.

I got the J&J vaccine promptly because it was served to me on a silver platter.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
This was a situation where a lack of haste would make waste.

Agree to disagree that people would have got the shot but just didn't get around to it but now they won't because they are being forced.

But maybe I'm wrong.

What I think don't matter.

I'm just a guy posting sh!t on the internet.

Time to go to work!

Last edited:

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
People also don't like being lied to "for their own good"

Personally, I can't stand being treated like a moron child by people who don't want to risk being honest because anything short of acting like the world is ending might cause reasonable folks to not jump and do what they're told without question.
You keep saying COVID is like the common cold.

So yeah, don't be surprised when people treat you like a "moron child." You keep saying moronic childish sh!t.

Reactions: afoaf and tacos

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
You keep saying COVID is like the common cold.

So yeah, don't be surprised when people treat you like a "moron child." You keep saying moronic childish sh!t.
It is like the common cold, it is a version of the exact thing, it just spreads easier. Retards acting like getting it is something to "pray for their health!" over. Whole point was that 1/1000 would be too much for our shlt healthcare system, not 1/1000 is something to fear individually. Lost in the paranoid woods

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Covid struct my family hard in the last 2 months. A sister in law and brother in law living in Orange County, both over 70, both unvaccinated, both were pretty sick for a couple of weeks, both recovered and are doing fine. A niece and nephew both over 50, live in Ohio, both unvaccinated, both got it a week before thanksgiving, both recovering at home. Nobody died so I guess there’s nothing to see here.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
CEO of Anti Vaxx Christian Television network dies of you guessed it, Covid. Just can't fix stupid.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It is like the common cold, it is a version of the exact thing, it just spreads easier. Retards acting like getting it is something to "pray for their health!" over. Whole point was that 1/1000 would be too much for our shlt healthcare system, not 1/1000 is something to fear individually. Lost in the paranoid woods
It's definitely not just a cold. I've seen younger, fit people be laid-out for two weeks with this with lingering symptoms. Some people go to the hospital. Some people die. For some people, it's just the sniffles. There's no way to know beforehand how your body will respond, hence the need for vaccines if you haven't already gotten COVID.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I heard on npr this morning that Minnesota hospitals are near capacity with covid patients and the staff is overwhelmed
I look forward to ifall’s posts of the overwhelmed nursing staff’s ticktoks in support of their heroics and the value of relieving stress with a couple of minutes of fun