Mental Health thread

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
1 week back into working out, making such a difference why did I ever stop.

(injuries duh, shoulder going clicky clicky and not helping my surfing much)
trying to do more leg stuff

took 2 days off last week was making a bunch of mistakes at work and my boss was saying I hadn't taken a day off in the entire year besides doctor visits. Took those 2 days off and didnt do sh!t! and it was amazing.

havent surfed in 2 months plus been broke as sh!t going back to school, pissing me off because everyone wanted me to go back to school and now everyone asking why im broke. Spending my money on a piece of paper that says im allowed to move upwards smh

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
This time of year always brings out the worst in me. Vitamin D doesn't help. Haven't paddled the kayak since September, it's flat, offshore as fugg and steady stream of cold fronts have started marching through. Christmas commercials telling me to be happy and buy diamonds, cars, vacations and love everybody.
Even the year that chopped off my drinking legs I made it toJanuary first before I had my first, of many, 2-dishwasher moments((which I've learned to control).
This place, and reading the last few pages has helped for now.
I'm going to have to start padding again, through the dead of Winter I guess.
Once again wind is my nemises, but drinking should have killed me and didn't so there's that.
I'm good.
Thanks.
Plenty room at casa gbg. Come on out bro.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I feel you man. My anger lately has been something. I’m on a job getting crushed and actually contemplated quitting for the first time in my life. Most of my frustrations have been unfairly directed at my gf which I don’t feel great about. Living with me the past few weeks has to be miserable. On top of it we’ve been dealing with an installer issue for a new dishwasher that took me to my breaking point yesterday. Long of the short is that we’ve had two dishwashers in our condo for almost 3wks. New one in the dining room and the broken one in the kitchen with multiple visits from ill-equipped independent contractors tasked with doing the install and none actually getting it done all while we’ve been stuck having to wait through 4 hour delivery windows which they were almost always hours late for. Yesterday after the third visit from an independent contractor who showed up with a tool bag the size of a lunch box and no extra parts and couldn’t get the job done I got on the phone with their dispatch and completely blew a gasket on the poor girl who was working there. It all just came pouring out in the worst way to the point of being not constructive and bordering on me making illegal threats of violence. GF had to rip the phone out of my hands. Thankfully this was just over the phone. But I could feel the rage building in me and I worry about the next twerp that mouths off to me over a parking spot or some other stupid thing will trigger me. Win or lose I can feel myself on the brink of doing something stupid. And I haven’t been in any kind of physical altercation in well over 15yrs.

The good news is as ashamed as I was of my harsh words after the fact. We got a call from the supervisor at 7am this morning and they sent out two competent guys who got the job done by 10. So maybe anger does have its benefits?
And you call me an asshole? Pull it together amigo.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Had a few days off, hit the home gym, ate good. Burned off a lil steam.
Upset I didn't get to see all the family I wanted to.
Change of plans suddenly and I had locked in with GF fam. We have been doing Xmas separate last few years and people think we are crazy, I think it helps us stay sane!

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I kicked in the front panel of my dishwasher and am still cleaning up mayonnaise
Deep breaths (and how annoying is THAT advice, amirite?)

Also, I nearly resigned my job this morning because my stupid (but really smart and father like mentor figure) of a manager kept saying he wasn't taking a $150K deal I closed because the unit-rate was a little low. And this was the same client that gave us the fetch.ai tip that both me and my boss (and some of you) made thousands of dollars on. So they are going to TRIPLE their spend with me in a single quarter, and my boss wanted to dig in his heels and demand a unit-rate increase. And I've been arguing with him for 2 weeks about it now. And in my lightly to moderately unbalanced psyche, I was all set to threaten resignation if he didn't grant me my deal and GTFO of my way. He claims he "knew I would say/do something rash like that so that's why he "let me wear him down".

But it means two things: I'm still crazy, and I still know how to get what I need from those that supposedly are running this clown car. Actually, it may work in my favor to keep management and the C-Suite thinking I'm a bit unstable even as I continue to close the f&%k out of deals. I want their mantra to be "lets do everything we can to keep subway happy, mentally stable, and producing like has has been for 14+ years" and if takes a little lunacy to achieve that, well, I'm game

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
and just like that, the signed contract just hit my inbox for the $153K. 3% commish, plus a 2.5% Q1 kicker, not a bad deal. It's pennies in the grand scheme, but, I fought harder for this $8K than any other deal I've had to fight for. The internal battles are always the most frustrating. I have no problem haggling endlessly with clients. that's my job.... But when your own mangers are getting in your way, that sh!t gets me livid, no matter how much I care about them as friends and colleagues.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
work is fuckin me up to this am.. had to work the last 2 weekends in a row because people cant provide feedback in a timely manner. im coupled with the worst creative director ive ever met and shes worthless on a project where i actually need some help cracking this puzzle. when i do finally get her on the phone i wind up with more questions than i had in the first place. im kind of screwing the pooch on this project, in my own head, and unsure what the solution is. meanwhile everyone else is so chill about it but its due in 2 days.

just keep telling myself 10 more working days until vacation then fuck these people for 2 weeks.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I LOATHE being forced to rely on people with either no brains or no work ethic, in order to get my job done. And often, it's some hideous combination of stupidity and laziness. Throw in a little willful obstinacy because some support staff types resent us high rolling sales people, they have their petty little resentful ways to slow our days down, and, yeah, i feel your pain.

My anxiety and professional trauma pays your goddamn salary and benefits, so fukk off and get me that proposal an hour ago

Ok I'm editing not to remove my wildly elitist statement above, but just to clarify I treat all of my minions with true respect, decency, and appreciation, even when they are being fukking retarded

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i really need to work on my patience before i get myself fired right before Xmas :cursing:

called this lady twice today around noon and no call back, just looking for explanation to a note she gave that I dont have the material to accomplish.

i wish i was in a position to "fail up" like these vampires i work with. fuck - there are easier ways to make money.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I LOATHE being forced to rely on people with either no brains or no work ethic, in order to get my job done. And often, it's some hideous combination of stupidity and laziness. Throw in a little willful obstinacy because some support staff types resent us high rolling sales people, they have their petty little resentful ways to slow our days down, and, yeah, i feel your pain.

My anxiety and professional trauma pays your goddamn salary and benefits, so fukk off and get me that proposal an hour ago

Ok I'm editing not to remove my wildly elitist statement above, but just to clarify I treat all of my minions with true respect, decency, and appreciation, even when they are being fukking retarded
You teach middle school?

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Feels that way at times. I mean, what I do and sell for a living is not rocket science, but it just amazes me how far stupid people can sometimes stumble on up in this world, and need constant schooling, cajoling, reeducating, reminding, help with arithmetic etc. so yeah, I feel ya

i got a client, runs a 20 million dollar a year media shop, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to remind him there are in fact 52 weeks in the year. It’s staggering.

underdog

Michael Peterson status
Jan 7, 2005
MAINEAGEBITCHES!
Lost it today big time! Realized a ton of sh!t and will not make ends meet after January.
Told wife who almost died after 3 chemo treatments and wants to live in Maine. I work P/T
as property manager (flexible). Got a2ndshift job that pays well and then her legs/feet ballooned up to where she's immobile.
Has to resign because I cant leave her on the couch for 8 hours!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Huge meeating this morning. Woke up and laptop was dead. So fun trying to go through an IRD without your slide deck

Even more fun when the SVP of engineering decides to randomly join this call. I need to go workout or run a few miles because I am jacked out of my mind on adrenaline. Made it work but that was mentally taxing!

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Lost it today big time! Realized a ton of sh!t and will not make ends meet after January.
Told wife who almost died after 3 chemo treatments and wants to live in Maine. I work P/T
as property manager (flexible). Got a2ndshift job that pays well and then her legs/feet ballooned up to where she's immobile.
Has to resign because I cant leave her on the couch for 8 hours!
Fuck dude that’s heavy. do you have any family or friends to lean on? That’s a lot to handle solo.

Reactions: npsp and Mr Doof

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Can erBB help underdog? He's a 17 year veteran of this place, and as far as my murky and totally unreliable memory goes, he is always a positive voice on here.