Move over, Delta.....B.1.1.5.2.9 is here.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Roughly 65% of Americans are vaccinated
Don't forget that nearly 1/3 of Americans have antibodies because they had COVID.

So between infection and vaccination we've probably got around 85% of the population carrying antibodies now.

That's the good news. Bad news is that we are up against a rapidly mutating virus so who knows how many more waves until fatality drops down to tolerable levels like the spanish flu did.

EDIT - "tolerable" is entirely subjective, so depending on your values you might be doomed to a never-ending sense of crisis! Or, you might already be free and clear of any fear of this pathogen!

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Don't forget that nearly 1/3 of Americans have antibodies because they had COVID.

So between infection and vaccination we've probably got around 85% of the population carrying antibodies now.

That's the good news. Bad news is that we are up against a rapidly mutating virus so who knows how many more waves until fatality drops down to tolerable levels like the spanish flu did.

EDIT - "tolerable" is entirely subjective, so depending on your values you might be doomed to a never-ending sense of crisis! Or, you might already be free and clear of any fear of this pathogen!
"probably"

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i remember December 2020 leading up to New Years. Yay were going to have the vaccine, 2021 is going to be the best.

2021 ended up being Corona Virus limbo but all in all for me, a great year financially and socially despite the lingering effects. We raged and earned like there was no Corona

Now heading into December like great - 2022 - more of the fucking same. I give up at this point.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Now heading into December like great - 2022 - more of the fucking same. I give up at this point.
:roflmao:
Yeah I feel you mang :foreheadslap: I do a fair amount of trade shows for work in the winter months. Some are great with good customer interaction, chance to dine and party on the company dime with friends from school and work, etc. Others are a grind and a waste of time.

2020 and some of 2021 had the benefit of those events being cancelled, which was a bummer for some and a godsend for others. Now they are back, but with the expectation that you will wear a mask nonstop with the event/venue staff browbeating everyone who doesn't comply. It's the worst of both worlds.

One I'm doing next week requires a vaccine passport to get through the door, and nonstop masks throughout for a 72 hour stretch. Yay! :violin: :foreheadslap:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
:roflmao:
Yeah I feel you mang :foreheadslap: I do a fair amount of trade shows for work in the winter months. Some are great with good customer interaction, chance to dine and party on the company dime with friends from school and work, etc. Others are a grind and a waste of time.

2020 and some of 2021 had the benefit of those events being cancelled, which was a bummer for some and a godsend for others. Now they are back, but with the expectation that you will wear a mask nonstop with the event/venue staff browbeating everyone who doesn't comply. It's the worst of both worlds.

One I'm doing next week requires a vaccine passport to get through the door, and nonstop masks throughout for a 72 hour stretch. Yay! :violin: :foreheadslap:
You might have seen my post about having a booth at the Atlantic Builder's Convention in Atlantic City in October. They did the vax mandate and testing at the door for the unvaxxed. Total joke. Killed the convention. There was nobody there except the people who had booths. Beyond all of that only the unvaxxed had to be tested at the door which defies common sense. If you test anyone at the door you should test EVERYONE at the door.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You might have seen my post about having a booth at the Atlantic Builder's Convention in Atlantic City in October. They did the vax mandate and testing at the door for the unvaxxed. Total joke. Killed the convention. There was nobody there except the people who had booths. Beyond all of that only the unvaxxed had to be tested at the door which defies common sense. If you test anyone at the door you should test EVERYONE at the door.
Did they require masks for all inside?

And yes, these measures drastically lower the value of these conventions.