2021 Holiday weigh-in

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
pull ups /pushups :shrug:
Those plus surfing and cycling are all I do and I’m essentially shredded now, except for a loose layer of belly skin that hasn’t tightened up yet. I promise if you do 25 pull ups and 100 push-ups every singleday you will get shredded, as long as you are also not fat or drop the body fat to show off those new muscles of yours

you can read all the gay code you want right here
9572B6F5-323E-4926-8BA2-04D9A6ABFA7C.jpeg

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Those plus surfing and cycling are all I do and I’m essentially shredded now, except for a loose layer of belly skin that hasn’t tightened up yet. I promise if you do 25 pull ups and 100 push-ups every singleday you will get shredded, as long as you are also not fat or drop the body fat to show off those new muscles of yours
currently do 50/50/50/50 pulls ups/pushups/kettlesquats/ crunches right after lunch. takes 10 minutes and is at least for me, the most effective little routine that ive stuck to.

either surf or run first thing in the a.m. plus this little circuit plus a walk around the block in the evening has kept me at my goal weight - staying at around 2000 cals a day but eating whatever type of food i want.

while weight has maintained the same over 2 years around 150 give or take - my body fat % has shot up the last 2 months from 12% to 14 and im not sure why. really would love to get back to 12 and stay right there. anything lower and im way to skinny and get way to cold.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He's an expert!
When it comes to form for barbell lifts he absolutely is. I could never do a squat without it feeling weird until I found his videos.

I read somewhere the Rippetoe can rep out 20 pull-ups. However I can’t recall where nor can I find anything to corroborate that.

Wouldn’t use him as a model for nutritional habits.

With strength training you can eat a lot more calories without gaining weight as long as you don’t overdo it. Constant calorie cutting and cardio down regulates your metabolism to levels that are tough to sustain, which is why so many people gain it all back.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
When it comes to form for barbell lifts he absolutely is. I could never do a squat without it feeling weird until I found his videos.

I read somewhere the Rippetoe can rep out 20 pull-ups. However I can’t recall where nor can I find anything to corroborate that.

With strength training you can eat a lot more calories without gaining weight as long as you don’t overdo it. Constant calorie cutting and cardio down regulates your metabolism to levels that are tough to sustain, which is why so many people gain it all back.
I can't stop eating

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020

no way, he's your typical bloated powerlifter. never seen abs in his life and tells noobs to drink a GOMAD

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
guy is a fat grandad slob, bet he can't even rep out 10 pull ups.

I do pull ups quite often and notice a substantial difference in paddle power after stopping for a while

You calling me a fat grandad slob?

I may be a slob but I'm not fat or a grandad.

Here's my pull up / push up routine-

10 pull /10 push
2 pull / 4 push
3 pull / 6 push
4 pull/ 8 push
5 pull / 10 push
4 pull / 8 push
3 pull / 6 push
2 pull / 4 push
10 pull / 20 push

All the pull ups are palms forward except thte last ten which are palms facing back.

Here's a good baseline for physical fitness-

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
no way, he's your typical bloated powerlifter. never seen abs in his life and tells noobs to drink a GOMAD
I agree that his nutrition advice is crap. But the video above shows that at the time he wrote starting strength he did have a solid pull-up game at 18 reps.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
my shoulders aren't really allowing for pushups so despite my weight loss, my teets are still rather here with me. Bummed but what can ya do?