Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I got my boost yesterday at the local pharmacy. No wait. I felt sick last night as I slept but maybe it was a dream because I woke up fine. Went for a surf this morning. Small longboard waves, sunny, super clear water. Very enjoyable. Life goes on. No big thing...

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
OBSF is NOT supposed to be have a "line-up" where competing with other people happens.

Your closest interaction is supposed to be wistfully looking at someone in a wave valley a block or three away while a mountain is about to flatten you, or vice versa.
Agree 100% with this idealized version of the world.

However my ability to realize it is going away with each passing year when it is in such an idealized state. Look, only a few out (click to expand):
1637781476769.png

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Statement:

Demand:

You're a piece of work, aren't you?
Here’s two specific to covid but there is decades worth of data about masks and respiratory viruses showing no proof of efficacy (at best).

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I am not sure what study is presently being used by Team X to beat Team S over the head with, but from this this Nature article (link), I followed the trail to this (link), which in turn means you have to click on a download link to see the paper. Looks like it needs peer review, so, am sure there will be discussion about that angle as well.

View attachment 119782

By my seat of the pants observations of real life, it seems to me that if masks didn't help reduce transmission of aerosol droplets which may contain germs, they wouldn't be used during any routine surgery. Whether or not this observation applies to viral pandemics, yeah, I don't know 100% if I can say, but for me any increase above 0 % with minimal cost to me sounds worthwhile.
They are used during surgery to block bacteria not viruses.

Bacteria particles much much bigger.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Scared of a widdle shot. Skaid about a cloth over your face there with the intention to protect you and others, and even if it doesnt its just a piece of paper or cloth. .

• Haha

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I have two

Therefore not scared of a virus that doesn’t affect them or us. I’m not elderly, I’m not fat, I don’t have any beetus, etc
t
You should know that you will probably share every cold and and fever with them and so yeah, i dont want to share some randoms snively snot nosed beak In my world. So put on your fcuking mask and fcuk off

• Haha