Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Whats the top thought for CRO?
CRO $1 seems inevitable. There are rumors of super bowl commercial in the works. If so, that would be a 'sell the news' event in January meaning to get out. Just like when Elon was on SNL and DOGE price plummeted.

Beyond $1 CRO, I'm not sure. I'll have to re-evaluate, but I plan to sell around $1.05 for current bag. I know a lot of people are hoping for a run to $5.

The holidays are here, and crypto generally loves to pump in December. But beware after Dec 31. The general thought is after a big year of gains like this year, everyone is going to have to pay taxes on those capital gains. And a lot people don't have enough cash on hand to pay for taxes on their winnings, especially if they scored big gains. So people start cashing out some of their coins to pay for taxes as tax season draws near, more people start cashing out. This results in a slow and steady pullback.

Of course, flip side is we could keep going up or at least stabilize and avoid another 20 month crypto winter.

Also, don't get caught in a tax problem. If you made big gains this year and know you'll owe taxes, make sure you cash out before Dec 31 with enough money to pay your taxes.

You could easily lose a bunch of money after Dec 31 if the market slides, but because those losses would apply to the new year, you'd still owe a bunch of money for the previous years gains. Because of this, I cash out by Dec 30 with enough to pay all my taxes in full. Then I could lose it all in January and not worry about my tax obligations.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So you’re saying I should definitely do that cost basis gains and losses app sooner rather than later? :foreheadslap:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So you’re saying I should definitely do that cost basis gains and losses app sooner rather than later? :foreheadslap:
I've read too many stories of guys that had big gains during the year, cashed out / rebuy several times (gains realized), and then lost a bunch of it after Dec 31 and were strapped for cash to pay taxes. And some guys have cashed out to buy new cars or whatever, forgetting they will have to pay taxes on all those gains, and didn't leave themselves with enough cash to pay taxes with. And I think a lot of people had a really big year. Lots of taxes to be paid.

Better to think through all of this, well before Dec 31.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That’s for sure. I really didn’t make much I don’t think, but running through my checking deposits and withdrawals, they’re mostly coin base transactions the last few months. And the deposits from coin base are always bigger than all the coin base purchases, but at the same time, it also seems that there are at least somewhat MORE purchases, even though they’re all much smaller than the deposits. So yeah, I gotta get on it

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Coinbase exchanges and API just went down
I just tried to buy some CRO with the coinbase UI and been staring at the little spinner thingy for like 5 minutes now.

Maybe I need to start using crypto.com instead of coinbase!

:roflmao:

Meh. I'm up to like 16 cents/day now on my chia farming rig. No need for a stupid pile of CRO.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Oh snap that wasn’t just the shitty everything here in Indianapolis? Oops did I say that out loud? I’ve been here 6 hours. 2/7 will not return, not sure how to survive the next 4 days. Luckily the in-laws can literally sit and binge usually decent TV for days on end, so not much is really expected of me.
lucas oil stadium looks pretty cool from a distance. Other than that, well, if I find any thing redeeming tomorrow I’ll play nice. Still never coming back, but, I wont talk a bunch of sh!t on here about Indianpolis and how it’s gentrifying and young people and Eli Lilly. Yada yada yada. Don’t believe it. It’s an Eli town, and if you aint Eli (and sales force just built one of their follies here too) you‘re living in a double wide disguised as a dilapidated ranch built in the late forties and upgrade maybe one time since.

my sister in law makes nearly 100k as a lab rat, and a senior bad ass one, which in Indy is pretty solid, but, she bought a ranch for 250 that was built in 1945. But at least she did real work on it. Still a fucking sad dilapidated rust belt city, after driving all the way across It’s north east quadrant anyway. She left fucking sand Diego for this.

but I digress- yeah WTF happened to coin base? All my sh!t was getting that goood long bottom leafy green to it again.

LOFL

U actually in Indianapolis lol?

Imagine being a surfer kid stuck there.

Pure hell. Dad doing everything he could to get back to CA...One day he's got a transfer to Ventura, you're packing up and sh!t collapses at the last minute.

VonMeister says Indianapolis is one of the country's best kept secrets...I have no idea what kind of drugs he was on when he was there...but F U C K it must've been some good sh!t.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
i don't know what y'all are talking about

i wouldn't want to live there but i have had nothing but GREAT times each of the half dozen times i've been in indy

EDIT - but.... i went there with a group each time too, so maybe i brought my good times with me

RE-EDIT - got to listen to david blaine talk for an hour there... that was totally RAD... dude is next level

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If u like donuts hit up Long's Bakery in the AM.

Not sure if u have still have to pack your gat, but back in the day it was prone to being robbed.

Just ask your hosts if they have a bulletproof vest to borrow...you can always leave it in the car if it doesn't look like you'll need it.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Bought a bunch of ROSE (Oasis Network), mainly because several other smart crypto degenerates I know are hyperbullish on it. The network works amazingly so far - it's almost as fast and painless as Solana. Buying it is a bit of a pain in the ass, your choices are the .com version of Binance, Kucoin, and Gate. It's a privacy-enabled chain with confidential smart contracts and claims to have an absolute shitload of developer interest and incentives. VC backers are the usual top of the crypto game angel round suspects. They also announced a partnership with Meta/Facebook, it's somehow integrating with EVM capabilities meaning you can run ERC20 tokens/EVM smart contracts over it, and a number of Ethereum projects are porting over.

Web and extension wallets are Ledger compatible. It's a stakeable POS L1 chain. I like L1 chains with development potential as my main investment thesis.

I could be late on this, it could be a dud, etc. I've done very little research into the coin and put in an amount that I would be irritated, but not heartbroken, to lose. Do your own research. I literally bought this an hour or so ago, so this is a realtime and not bagshilling post. If you buy, you're hucking and ducking the same slings and arrows of outrageous fortune I am. Good luck.

Info: https://docs.oasis.dev/oasis-network-primer/
Wallet: https://wallet.oasisprotocol.org/ (if you want to use Ledger, you have to enable experimental/developer tools in Ledger Live first to be able to install the Oasis app)

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I can't catch a break. lol.

It seems I'm always late... or always sell early! I guess that's why I started small with 200 usd.the potential is definitely in there, just gotta time it better (Sold Mana yesterday at 10% and it's now over 20%, fuck)

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Metaverse / Gaming coins are HOT right now, since Facebook switched to Meta. Be aware, no telling how long this metaverse pump action will last. Been going on a 3+ weeks already.

SAND is up 900% in less than a month.

MANA should do more from here, although it's sitting at ATH right now above 5.

PLA, ENJ, and ALICE been pumping lately.

Rest of the market has slowed significantly, as money flows into the metaverse coins.

And the epic rug pull coin Squid Game (SQUID) is back on and pumping. Wild west of finance roars again! Pew pew pew!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i don't know what y'all are talking about

i wouldn't want to live there but i have had nothing but GREAT times each of the half dozen times i've been in indy

EDIT - but.... i went there with a group each time too, so maybe i brought my good times with me

RE-EDIT - got to listen to david blaine talk for an hour there... that was totally RAD... dude is next level
I will give a more fair and balanced report after I’ve been here a couple more days. But considering I’m with my wife, her sister, and their gay stepfather, I think we will spend most of our time either shopping or watching Netflix and eating gummies (step dad recently, at 70, discovered gummies and how they make all of his chronic pain issues subside lol, and this guy is a hard core conservative log cabin republican)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Oh snap that wasn’t just the shitty everything here in Indianapolis? Oops did I say that out loud? I’ve been here 6 hours. 2/7 will not return, not sure how to survive the next 4 days. Luckily the in-laws can literally sit and binge usually decent TV for days on end, so not much is really expected of me.
lucas oil stadium looks pretty cool from a distance. Other than that, well, if I find any thing redeeming tomorrow I’ll play nice. Still never coming back, but, I wont talk a bunch of sh!t on here about Indianpolis and how it’s gentrifying and young people and Eli Lilly. Yada yada yada. Don’t believe it. It’s an Eli town, and if you aint Eli (and sales force just built one of their follies here too) you‘re living in a double wide disguised as a dilapidated ranch built in the late forties and upgrade maybe one time since.

my sister in law makes nearly 100k as a lab rat, and a senior bad ass one, which in Indy is pretty solid, but, she bought a ranch for 250 that was built in 1945. But at least she did real work on it. Still a fucking sad dilapidated rust belt city, after driving all the way across It’s north east quadrant anyway. She left fucking sand Diego for this.

but I digress- yeah WTF happened to coin base? All my sh!t was getting that goood long bottom leafy green to it again.
Damn Thanksgiving surfing onshore South Brevard is starting to sound like Danksgiving.

I will slice one into US 1 for you, big dog!

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Metaverse / Gaming coins are HOT right now, since Facebook switched to Meta. Be aware, no telling how long this metaverse pump action will last. Been going on a 3+ weeks already.
From an ethical perspective I think I'd feel better about investing in a mexican drug cartel.

:shrug:

And come to think of it, that's probably pretty much what I was doing when I bought BTC back in 2012.

:roflmao: