first rains of the winter in Los Angeles: don't surf for 48 hours

fox news headline court case verdict is announced: don't log for 96 hours

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The cops shot Jacob but wouldn't police the curfew. Lots of cop attribution there. I mean, as the source of this whole mess.
It wasn't the cops at street level who decided to not actively engage. It might not have even been the leadership of the cops that made that call.

Reactions: Sharky

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Aren't there cases where directly confronting the rioters escalated the riot?

It's just an example of a tactical response with a bad outcome?

Isn't it possible the direct confrontation created an even worse outcome?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

"Just let them riot"

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

Whatever you do, don't make the rioters angry.

If the 01/06 rioters had been effectively stopped at the outer perimeter that would have been the end of it.

• Dislike

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Whatever you do, don't make the rioters angry.

If the 01/06 rioters had been effectively stopped at the outer perimeter that would have been the end of it.
You think there is any comparing the seriousness of the gear in play on January 6th with these rallies that went South after dark over the summer of 2020?

The Jan 6th mob stopped when they realized going through the door meant lead to the neck. The rest clambaked congress or stole a lectern or some sh!t. Wrote nasty notes!

What do you think would have happened if someone on the Capitol Police side fired at the rioter side?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Do you not understand what I am saying or you do and you are just being glib?
I thought it was interesting that they completely destroyed the garbage narrative around a rash of burglaries (of construction sites) in the neighborhood during the Arbery trial this week

with such men of integrity here, I am sure they have adjusted their considered positions on this matter given the new information that has been brought to light

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I thought it was interesting that they completely destroyed the garbage narrative around a rash of burglaries (of construction sites) in the neighborhood during the Arbery trial this week

with such men of integrity here, I am sure they have adjusted their considered positions on this matter given the new information that has been brought to light
Yeah but what was a black man doing in the suburbs?

GDaddy checked the maps and the distance from the ghetto is too far for jogging.

Answer that if your so smort.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You think there is any comparing the seriousness of the gear in play on January 6th with these rallies that went South after dark over the summer of 2020?

The Jan 6th mob stopped when they realized going through the door meant lead to the neck. The rest clambaked congress or stole a lectern or some sh!t. Wrote nasty notes!

What do you think would have happened if someone on the Capitol Police side fired at the rioter side?
I can imagine GrossDad defending an Antifa who went into the 1/6 crowd with an AR15 to “defend” the capitol and then shot 3 Trumptards in “self-defense”.

He would say exactly what he’s saying now because he’s a man of integrity.

Amirite Gross?

Reactions: afoaf and Woke AF

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Yeah but what was a black man doing in the suburbs?

GDaddy checked the maps and the distance from the ghetto is too far for jogging.

Answer that if your so smort.
A couple other little factoids have come out during the trial which undermine the "just jogging" scenario.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
A couple other little factoids have come out during the trial which undermine the "just jogging" scenario.
Yes, the other factoids were that he was black and that there were series of burglaries in the neighborhood.

So he's obvi guilty.

Hearing the prosecution finally spell out that you cannot pursue someone with a gun, initiate the confrontation and then kill them in "self-defense", was a good moment.

Maybe this jury will do it right.

I'm not holding my breathe doe