Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Yes, the anti jab and anti mask crowd would never stoop to mischaracterize the draconian, tyrannical forceful abuse suffered by those unlucky enough to hear the phrase “hey, can you put on a mask?”.
:monkey:
Hey can you stop posting here?

:dancing:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
That’s not the problem I have. It’s when the Powers That Be say “follow the science” when pushing something, then ignore the science when it shows that their mandates are pointless. Such as covid vaccines for children or outdoor mask mandates.
The funny thing is that a person who won't take a doctor's recommendation to get vaxxed because <insert reason here> will take the same doctor's advice for something else when political beliefs are not involved.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yes, the anti jab and anti mask crowd would never stoop to mischaracterize the draconian, tyrannical forceful abuse suffered by those unlucky enough to hear the phrase “hey, can you put on a mask?”.
Doubling down I see

It’s amazing how many people have no idea what freedom is or how risky of a road we're treading on

But that’s fine, you’re a good subject

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Still repeating fallacies.
It’s fact. They don’t do sh!t unless it’s a properly fitted and frequently changed N95 mask and even that’s debatable.

COVID is spread as an aerosol, meaning it’s essentially vapor and will be present in an enclosed space if an infected person is breathing in that room, mask or no mask.

There is no correlation between mask usage and infection rates and there is no scientific study that shows cloth coverings or surgical masks prevent the spread of COVID.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Doubling down I see

It’s amazing how many people have no idea what freedom is or how risky of a road we're treading on

But that’s fine, you’re a good subject
Don’t get me wrong, I do include myself in the “dumb average American crowd”. So that’s something we can all agree on. :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The funny thing is that a person who won't take a doctor's recommendation to get vaxxed because <insert reason here> will take the same doctor's advice for something else when political beliefs are not involved.
Don't go strawmanning now. I'm not advocating that people not get vaxxed, and I think that most should (including myself, which i have).

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Statement:
Masks don’t work.
Walk back:
It’s fact. They don’t do sh!t unless it’s a properly fitted and frequently changed N95 mask and even that’s debatable.
Analysis:
Attempt to salvage initial statement and self image:
There is no correlation between mask usage and infection rates and there is no scientific study that shows cloth coverings or surgical masks prevent the spread of COVID.
There was a recent study in Bangladesh that says otherwise, champ. Please try to keep up before you ignorantly spew more lies or otherwise

News item

1637769326633.png

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Statement:

Walk back:

Analysis:

Attempt to salvage initial statement and self image:

There was a recent study in Bangladesh that says otherwise, champ. Please try to keep up before you ignorantly spew more lies or otherwise

News item

View attachment 119775
Got a link to the actual study?

I ask because there have been numerous studies that show cloth and surgical masks don’t do sh!t. This study would contradict those.

Also, have you ever even read the box that surgical masks come in?

DC269014-858B-4F28-8ED5-260707298B33.jpeg

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
Got a link to the actual study?

I ask because there have been numerous studies that show cloth and surgical masks don’t do sh!t. This study would contradict those.

Also, have you ever even read the box that surgical masks come in?

View attachment 119776
When someone around you sneezes or coughs, would you prefer that they tilt their had back and let it rip, or that they do it into their sleeve or a tissue?

Reactions: Phi1 and rice

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
I just completed a video visit with my nephrologist. We went over the bloodwork from my last two months and the Retuxian infusions I had in August have brought my protein in the urine levels all the way down to normal. This means the corresponding protein in my blood has risen to normal levels. Looks like my kidneys are actually healing themselves. So we celebrated the good news with congratulations and virtual pats on the back. Then I addressed the elephant in the room.

Do you recommend I get a COVID booster shot? He quickly replied no, under no circumstances.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I am not sure what study is presently being used by Team X to beat Team S over the head with, but from this this Nature article (link), I followed the trail to this (link), which in turn means you have to click on a download link to see the paper. Looks like it needs peer review, so, am sure there will be discussion about that angle as well.

1637778813105.png

By my seat of the pants observations of real life, it seems to me that if masks didn't help reduce transmission of aerosol droplets which may contain germs, they wouldn't be used during any routine surgery. Whether or not this observation applies to viral pandemics, yeah, I don't know 100% if I can say, but for me any increase above 0 % with minimal cost to me sounds worthwhile.

PS

Another Nature article with links to other pro mask studies, just in case the above is not what is being talked about.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
for me any increase above 0 % with minimal cost to me sounds worthwhile.
How can you say the cost is minimal, when you're doing something that's not solely for your benefit without the entire rest of the world dropping to their knees, thanking you for your excellence, slobbing your knob, and begging you not to go to Galt's Gulch?

It's all so communist and totalitarian.

• Haha
Reactions: Norm'

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
It is sort of the same reason I try to just shut up about my property taxes going to help pay for public schools when I don't have any kids. For the USA to get ahead, helping kids get some smarts activated (by attending and learning something in school) is a long term investment than might help me out in the long run.

In the short term, it keeps more of them out of the line-up where they can out-compete me with their youthful recovery rates.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
OBSF is NOT supposed to be have a "line-up" where competing with other people happens.

Your closest interaction is supposed to be wistfully looking at someone in a wave valley a block or three away while a mountain is about to flatten you, or vice versa.