Biden's incendiary comments on the Rittenhouse verdict......

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Anyone who's at a protest after dark is just looking for (or starting) trouble. In either case, trouble is gonna find you.
Agreed. There are certainly a fair number of people who are spectators and just want to see the mayhem. I can understand that to an extent, but I value my personal safety too much to partake in that, especially at this point in my life.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
holy fk, pickleball is fun

I went on a date and the girl humiliated me in tennis, but I destroyed her in pickleball

we never went out again, I wasn't sure if it was because of the tennis or the pickleball

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
holy fk, pickleball is fun

I went on a date and the girl humiliated me in tennis, but I destroyed her in pickleball

we never went out again, I wasn't sure if it was because of the tennis or the pickleball
That's the thing, I came from tennis and thought I'd destroy in pickleball but was quickly humiliated.
I'd say if you're good at table tennis, it helps more than tennis, because the strokes are way more compact and paddle is short. No strings. There's no swing.
It's all about the dink. Tho knowing how to hit top spins and slices helps.

If people ask me what pickleball is, I tell them to imagine a giant ping pong table that you're standing on and playing with giant ping pong paddles.

The whole scene is just so nerdy and the rules are ridiculous but so damn fun to play. :poop:

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do you work up a good sweat playing pickle ball for 30-45 minutes? I friggin love racquetball but I feel like it’s just a matter of time before all the racquetball courts of the world are mothballed :cry:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Do you work up a good sweat playing pickle ball for 30-45 minutes? I friggin love racquetball but I feel like it’s just a matter of time before all the racquetball courts of the world are mothballed :cry:
yes....it's very fast paced. lunging.

you see a lot of tennis courts being bisected to make 2 pickle courts

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
yes....it's very fast paced. lunging.

you see a lot of tennis courts being bisected to make 2 pickle courts
Yeah the amount of 3D space required for tennis or racquetball is simply not practical nowadays, especially in high rent shitlord districts. Combined with declining usage, it makes perfect sense that it's all converting in to pickleball