erBBers currently living at home

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
what thee f**k is this thread gonna be 'bout?
pepz whom ride a surfin' board, whom still live at home,
with THEIR Mom + Dadz?
who cares if they do so,
or do so, not???

i, sir, do not.
my Mom, she be dead, since 1994, she died @ aged of 51.
ob'z that i do not live with her, though, she, still, is in my mind, my memory, she, her outline,
can be seen here, from a photograph of her, at age of 16, gettin' tatted upon my arm by Freddie Negrete,
some 5 yeaz, after her death, it bein' done so, in 1999...
RW~01.JPG
and i will ask this again,
what is thee point of this thread???
you miss your Mommy, too?
hmmm...
randy
:waving:

PS ~ edit add-in:
in regardz to this post,
down below, oakie~doakie?
vvvvv

i ain't Matt, he whom is a regular footer, from San Clemente,
my name is Randy, i am from Venice, + i've kinda been a goofy, allll my life,
Leftovers-2.jpg
un~till i started to ride an egg, err a fun~board, for gigglez, hahaha!
have you self a great Friday night, boyz + girlz, yow!!!
:cheers:

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You're right. Haven't seen CharmingSophisticate in a while. Not quite on the Remember When thread but close.

Reactions: tacos

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
old local had a number of those. But, they could smoke all the weed they wanted and moms didnt care as long as they had a job.

:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: santacruzin

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My dear old dad, as much of an individualist, libertarian, even stoic type of man that we was, was surprisingly empathetic or understanding of the “young adults living in their parents home” phenomenon. His main point would be “it’s only the last couple of generations that started to think it was normal for the family to all live in separate homes, between generations. For millennia, the norm was for families to stick together in a home, or a homestead or cave or whatever, for their entire lives. Its really only this post modern era that all of a sudden started assuming kids should and would GTFO right after school was finished. Wasn’t that long ago that multi generations would be born, grow up, marry, raise their own kids, and die, all in the same home, and with multiple generations all there too

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
^^^
what thee f**k is this thread gonna be 'bout?
pepz whom ride a surfin' board, whom still live at home,
with THEIR Mom + Dadz?
who cares if they do so,
or do so, not???

i, sir, do not.
my Mom, she be dead, since 1994, she died @ aged of 51.
ob'z that i do not live with her, though, she, still, is in my mind, my memory, she, her outline,
can be seen here, from a photograph of her, at age of 16, gettin' tatted upon my arm by Freddie Negrete,
some 5 yeaz, after her death, it bein' done so, in 1999...
View attachment 119506
and i will ask this again,
what is thee point of this thread???
you miss your Mommy, too?
hmmm...
randy
:waving:

PS ~ edit add-in:
in regardz to this post,
down below, oakie~doakie?
vvvvv

i ain't Matt, he whom is a regular footer, from San Clemente,
my name is Randy, i am from Venice, + i've kinda been a goofy, allll my life,
View attachment 119529
un~till i started to ride an egg, err a fun~board, for gigglez, hahaha!
have you self a great Friday night, boyz + girlz, yow!!!
:cheers:
That's one of the best photos I've seen of an erBBer surfing. :applause2:
ps do you own the lot at the Blvd?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
My dear old dad, as much of an individualist, libertarian, even stoic type of man that we was, was surprisingly empathetic or understanding of the “young adults living in their parents home” phenomenon. His main point would be “it’s only the last couple of generations that started to think it was normal for the family to all live in separate homes, between generations. For millennia, the norm was for families to stick together in a home, or a homestead or cave or whatever, for their entire lives. Its really only this post modern era that all of a sudden started assuming kids should and would GTFO right after school was finished. Wasn’t that long ago that multi generations would be born, grow up, marry, raise their own kids, and die, all in the same home, and with multiple generations all there too
I love my mother dearly and miss my father terribly but under no circumstances could I imagine living under a roof with them as an adult unless it was such a dire situation where either me or them were facing homelessness or were incapable of self-care. That said I’m of the generation where it became normal to move far away. Growing up my entire family aside for a few on both sides was in Connecticut. Never more than 2 hours away. My aunt, uncle and cousins were actually across the street. In the span of around 20yrs that all changed. My lone cousin is the only one left in my home town, I’m in Los Angeles, my sister is in Seattle, my mother splits her time between Rhode Island & Florida and other cousins are as far away as North Carolina, the Cayman Islands, England, France & Italy. So yeah, I miss having family close. In the same town or at least region. I miss sitting down and breaking bread with them for any occasion. Now it’s just weddings and funerals.

Reactions: lruc

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
My brother and his wife and 2 kids moved into my Moms house. He didnt have too. He makes good money. My Mom on the other hand is on S.S. She was smart enough to buy and pay off a killer house in DP with a view down to SD and Catalina. She is in her 80's. My step sister helps take care of her. Started feeding her properly (She is Thai and cooks super healthy. ) My Mom has lost fat. Is just as or more spry than when she was 70. The kids keep her moving. It was truly a blessing they moved in. She might be happier now than ever.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I have a high school buddy that lived in the in-law apartment of his step-fathers house rent free well into his thirties when he finally got married. We made fun of him for it forever, till we found out that when he finally moved out he had a $300k down payment for a house sitting in his savings account.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i got a friend that just moved in with folks again because his store isnt doing to well, got divorced etc.

he loves it. his parents are cool af, first off and hes living way larger than he ever did on his own.

on another note - i went on a date with an iranian girl a few weeks ago that was 38 and still ived with her parents. i was like wt bye! apparantly in some cultures though - you just stay home till you get married.

i gtfo at 18, my parents are dope, hippies at heart - but yea couldnt do 24/7 with them unless i was about to be homeless.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
i got a friend that just moved in with folks again because his store isnt doing to well, got divorced etc.

he loves it. his parents are cool af, first off and hes living way larger than he ever did on his own.

on another note - i went on a date with an iranian girl a few weeks ago that was 38 and still ived with her parents. i was like wt bye! apparantly in some cultures though - you just stay home till you get married.

i gtfo at 18, my parents are dope, hippies at heart - but yea couldnt do 24/7 with them unless i was about to be homeless.
The only time I’ve been under my parents roof for more than a week or two since I was 18 was when my father was dying of cancer. That was 3 months and a very different situation. I was glad I was able to be there for him and my mother as much as it sucked. But I can’t think of any other reason I’d do it. As much as I love my mothers cooking, I love my independence more. Besides her cooking is even better when I can only have it a handful of times a year. Then I never take it for granted.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
The only time I’ve been under my parents roof for more than a week or two since I was 18 was when my father was dying of cancer. That was 3 months and a very different situation. I was glad I was able to be there for him and my mother as much as it sucked. But I can’t think of any other reason I’d do it. As much as I love my mothers cooking, I love my independence more. Besides her cooking is even better when I can only have it a handful of times a year. Then I never take it for granted.
i heavily contemplated it when i got laid off at the beginning of Corona times. They're half a mile from the beach and theyd love to have me there. When things were getting heavy in Hollywood during the Goerge Floyd protests i stayed down there for a week, and not that anything bad happened but thats when i knew i couldnt live there.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
My mom was always bitching at me to leave and acted all hurt when I did. Women.