Boosters for everyone (for ever and ever)…Mask up, bitches!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
???

Weird. All the signs I see say mask up only for unvaxxed.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
oh, the pearl clutching.

had my annual physical last week and my doc noticed it had been over 10 years since i had a tetanus shot, so he offered me a tetanus booster. it was an agonizing decision - do i need to do my own research first? check with my FB group? google adverse tetanus booster reactions? find some alternative source to give me reason to doubt my doc? feed my fear of whatever feeds the fear of people like you? why, they'll probably tell me i need a tetanus booster every ten years for the rest of my life and then what?

i agonized over it - for about .000000135 seconds - then i rolled up my sleeve and took the shot. :rolleyes:
My wife had a guy in the ER recently, who needed a tetanus booster. At first he was fine, then was like, hey wait a minute! That's a vaccine right? I don't want that. Nope, no thanks. You can't make me.

My wife was like :foreheadslap:

Everything is stupid.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
My wife had a guy in the ER recently, who needed a tetanus booster. At first he was fine, then was like, hey wait a minute! That's a vaccine right? I don't want that. Nope, no thanks. You can't make me.

My wife was like :foreheadslap:

Everything is stupid.
Did she recommend any particular type of tree branch for him to stave off lockjaw?

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast and rice

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Weird. All the signs I see say mask up only for unvaxxed.
It's pretty box-a-chocolates here.

In Alachua County (Gainesville) they had mask signs all over the place. It seemed like 1 in 10 complied.
I have had lunch at Jimmy Johns subs a couple times and they have the sign and all the employees wear them the whole time.
Fresh Market has a sign that 'strongly encourages' it.
Home Depot had a sign last time I went and I had jack sh!t in my car so I didn't push it - this was during the Delta surge here.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes there is, and it is being extended

View attachment 119476
Doesn’t seem like anyone in Ventura gives a sh!t.

Santa Barbara county is keeping the mandat in place until we have an infection rate of 0.006% of the population.

Right now the rate is 0.007% so it’s obviously a dire situation currently.

We JUST started testing in the schools for this year so we will certainly have enough positive tests to keep us masked up until mid 2022 at least.

There was a tread about a year ago where people predicted how long the mask mandates would be in effect. I said at least until 2022 and possibly forever.

I got flamed hard for that prediction.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
next time bet money

all other prognostication here is hot air

I want to see more skin in the game

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Doesn’t seem like anyone in Ventura gives a sh!t.

Santa Barbara county is keeping the mandat in place until we have an infection rate of 0.006% of the population.

Right now the rate is 0.007% so it’s obviously a dire situation currently.

We JUST started testing in the schools for this year so we will certainly have enough positive tests to keep us masked up until mid 2022 at least.

There was a tread about a year ago where people predicted how long the mask mandates would be in effect. I said at least until 2022 and possibly forever.

I got flamed hard for that prediction.
Case rates in SB county are currently 16.2/100K for unvaxxed, 4.6/100K for vaxxed. So you are about 3.5 times more likely to get Covid if you are unvaxxed. I am fairly positive that the ratio for hospitalization and death rates for vaxxed vs. unvaxxed are a lot higher.