Pyzel Mini Ghost

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I know it's getting a little crowded in the Ghost "family", but the MG is built off of a 5'5'' Ghost that I shrunk down for Koa Smith. I had to figure out a way to add foam into such a tiny board without loosing the stuff that makes the Ghost so much fun to ride. I have been having a hard time explaining what makes it different, but you kinda hit on most of that there. The easiest way to see the differences is in person- pick one out of the rack at your local surfshop and you will see that it is definitely unique compared to any of my other shapes (and yes, it does look a bit like something out of the mid-80's). All I know is that I love mine and so far the public feedback has been nothing but positive. I've said it before, but I am not trying to pump out new models so I can sell more boards (especially in our current, booming biz situation), we are just making boards that I hope will make people even more stoked to go surfing.

Also here is what I sent to my crew to help explain the MG vs Phantom questions we are getting everyday:

Main things are MG is a lot chunkier in the rails and up front (because of the beak flattening out the deck rocker and adding foam), MG squash has hip/bump which straightens out the outline behind the wide point giving it a little extra squirt off the bottom/top turns and a wide tail block, and the MG also has less overall rocker (nose and tail) so it will get up on top of the water and up to speed quickly and also flow through flat spots really well
So the mini Ghost is kinda the maxi-grem la smol-phantom, gotcha.
Can't wait for the Shadow RT redux

- Matt Biolos

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.33.44 pm.png

(ps: nearly everything I say is not serious and shitposting, only yanking ya chain @Pyzelsurfboards)

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So the mini Ghost is kinda the maxi-grem la smol-phantom, gotcha.
Can't wait for the Shadow RT redux

- Matt Biolos

View attachment 117005

(ps: nearly everything I say is not serious and shitposting, only yanking ya chain @Pyzelsurfboards)
So is this 2 - 4 ft Hawaiian style?

The Shadow says good for anything over waist high but the graph shows it's a board for around the 6-10 ft range.

Are Hawaiians just a few feet taller than the rest of us?

I've never noticed this on any of my trips.

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So is this 2 - 4 ft Hawaiian style?

The Shadow says good for anything over waist high but the graph shows it's a board for around the 6-10 ft range.

Are Hawaiians just a few feet taller than the rest of us?

I've never noticed this on any of my trips.
They’re waaaaaaay shorter. 6 ft is double over head to those midgets.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Guys - When it says 5-10, it doesn’t mean the range. it’s units of measure.

It’s like showing imperial and metric on the same dimension in a schematic.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour