The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
HELL NO. I love this suit. Best suit I've ever owned. I was asked a question - via PM - about how it didn't flush and what the chest portion looked like, but couldn't attach the pictures in the PM. So I did it here.

This is the best suit I've ever worn, but being flexible is the key to getting it on & off. Used it in cold water in northern SB County and haven't had one issue. Still pretty damn new, though.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Have you surfed/duck dove without the hood on? That's a must down here. Even up in central ca last weekend I only wore a hood once cause the water/air were too warm.

Reactions: sh3

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
HELL NO. I love this suit. Best suit I've ever owned. I was asked a question - via PM - about how it didn't flush and what the chest portion looked like, but couldn't attach the pictures in the PM. So I did it here.

This is the best suit I've ever worn, but being flexible is the key to getting it on & off. Used it in cold water in northern SB County and haven't had one issue. Still pretty damn new, though.
Sh3 its a 3/2 with hood right?

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Sh3 its a 3/2 with hood right?
As noted above, 3/3 with a hood. Suit is AMAZING.

@silentbutdeadly - indeed I have duck dove without the hood on. Many times now. It's insane how great this suit is. It just fits me perfectly and there's zero issue with water intrusion. I love it.

I surfed in a really cold place on Thursday and Friday. Got about 100+ waves... just non-stop. 10 guys out total at a time, waves just churning in sets of 3, no one complaining at all about whose up next. In fact, guys were trading waves off there were so many. Perfect head high waves all day, errrr day. This is all true. The suit was a champ.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I just got a Quik Everyday Sessions 3/2 and have worn it twice. Very comfy, easy getting on and off, and kept me warm on fairly brisk mornings. Hopefully it holds up, but so far I like it.

Reactions: need 4 speed
Dec 28, 2019
Shoulda gone LT
:p
I just tried a Isuzus 4/3 LTS chest zip and was hoping it would be the suit for me but the zip was a pain to hook and close. Isurus says it’s military grade and sometimes people straddle with it. Wish they made a threaded slant zip.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
I just picked up a Feral 4/3 MT and the rubber is amazingly soft and flexible. Haven’t gone in the water yet cause I think it might be to small. I am 6’3” 165 and their MT on the size chart shows 5’11” - 6’1”. I am concerned it’s a bit short for me but hard to say. Any thoughts on the suit loosening up?

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Have a new Isurus 3/2 and the zipper is a massive pain in the ass. The suit is also nowhere near as warm as previous Isuruses have been (this is something like Isurus #6 or 7 for me, although the first 3/2). I was so suspicious that I took a micrometer to the sleeves and ankles to see if the neoprene was actually the stated thickness. It is, but there's something not quite right about the suit.

Dec 28, 2019
Zipper sucks, major flaw. Felt stiffer then my Feral that I just got and the Feral has a great slant zip. I have requested a return of my new Isurus but they are slow to issue a RA#. I have narrowed it down (after trying on a ton of suits) to the Hyperfreak, Psycho One, or the Feral. O’Neil fits me better cause their MT is 6’1”-6’3, but really want to try the Feral due to the Yamamota 40. Feral is really great on responding to my inquiries, so the vibe is good. The Hyperfreak I surfed in was a 3/2 and lasted 2 seasons till it started to disintegrate. Interesting that your Isurus ran cold, I have not heard that about their suits, but they might be skimpin on the rubber due to costs. fortunately, I live in San Diego so the water doesn’t get that cold but I still want a warm, well fitting, flexible long lasting suit.

Reactions: MathDebater

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I just picked up a Feral 4/3 MT and the rubber is amazingly soft and flexible. Haven’t gone in the water yet cause I think it might be to small. I am 6’3” 165 and their MT on the size chart shows 5’11” - 6’1”. I am concerned it’s a bit short for me but hard to say. Any thoughts on the suit loosening up?
Mine didn't stretch much FWIW.

They seem to run short. The XL is supposed to be for someone 6'0-6'3" and it feels short on me inbetween 6 and 6'1

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@whynotsurf i wouldn’t expect that rubber to stretch. IMO it feels like moves with you like a second skin, but is not stretchy like say, hyper techno psycho butter.

As someone who whose biggest fit issue is the length in the torso, I would advise not risking it if you think it’s possibly too short. That puts a lot of unnecessary strain on the seams of the suit and they will break down faster. I’m an LT in every brand, but some fit better than others. I returned the Feral 3/2 because it fit shorter than the Isurus 3/3. If Isurus or another OTR suit doesn’t fit your tall slim frame, you should consider custom.

I have Isurus 2/2 CZ in LTS and agree having to thread the zip every time is a PITA. Are all their CZs like that? I can see how that makes the neck entry easier to open wider, with less strain pulling the seam. Like sh3 I really like the zipperless entry. I’ve really noticed the difference lately in my neck muscles not being sore from paddling like the CZ. YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: sh3