Best crowd killer performance board

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Say you're looking for an edge at a crowded spot, or maybe got an injury and don't want to work too hard paddling and wave catching while you recover, or you're getting older, or maybe just occasionally feeling kinda lazy and just want to have a fun surf. So it's a balance between ease of use between waves and performance while on waves. Probably don't need to go full mid-length, right? Maybe around 6'8 and 40L tops for the average dude or dudess?

Lots of options but what's the best, in your opinion?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
That's my ride, between 6'6" and 7'0" single fin with volume.
Curious if you got your handle watching this on nhk :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: BentoBox70

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Say you're looking for an edge at a crowded spot, or maybe got an injury and don't want to work too hard paddling and wave catching while you recover, or you're getting older, or maybe just occasionally feeling kinda lazy and just want to have a fun surf. So it's a balance between ease of use between waves and performance while on waves. Probably don't need to go full mid-length, right? Maybe around 6'8 and 40L tops for the average dude or dudess?

What kind of waves?

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Rusty Zeppelin.

The only time I did not like it is when I took it out on some hurricane swell, it was probably 6'+ faces + power, it felt a little bulky dropping in, but overall it is a "Swiss Army" knife of a board.
-took it out that day to make the beach break paddle out easier.

I've been loving it as a twin fin (NVS Krakens primarily), quad is nice too: much more maneuverable then you would expect.
-the dims listed on my OTR board are 6'4" - 21.62" - 2.87" = 43.90L
-I'm 5'7" and ~ 150lbs'ish, so it really serves as my groveler, but definitely works well in quality & crowded waves.

BentoBox70

OTF status
Dec 9, 2016
South Bay CA
  • Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I really like my 7' X 5oL lost Crowd Killer RP but it best be chest high with some curve for optimum snurfability. If it is it opens up in the pocket surprisingly well. If it's not like that it's still really good at catching waves/ long paddles. I recommend it.

Reactions: Retropete

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Rusty Zeppelin.

The only time I did not like it is when I took it out on some hurricane swell, it was probably 6'+ faces + power, it felt a little bulky dropping in, but overall it is a "Swiss Army" knife of a board.
-took it out that day to make the beach break paddle out easier.

I've been loving it as a twin fin (NVS Krakens primarily), quad is nice too: much more maneuverable then you would expect.
-the dims listed on my OTR board are 6'4" - 21.62" - 2.87" = 43.90L
-I'm 5'7" and ~ 150lbs'ish, so it really serves as my groveler, but definitely works well in quality & crowded waves.
This one would be perfect but it's a three-hour drive..

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/spo/d/san-diego-rusty-surfboards-zeppelin-4/7406138961.html

Reactions: Sprinkles695

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008

Just get a SUP ya fag!

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i think if i could put a shortboard tail on my fat-ass fish, and make it in epoxy, i'd have a crowd killing performer