Geezers who surf.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I suffered a back injury and am pretty limited on type of waves. I can surf a shortboard but nothing where I can injured.

Some days I have to take the SUP cause my back.

Mostly just happy to be on the water most days regardless what I’m on.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Damn. Pretty inspiring.

71 years old and still sending it and staying active
Mike Takahashi is the sh*t. Seriously. Quiet underground charger and paddles between the islands. Was one of the first ever to the do the Molokai-to-Oahu Ka'iwi channel crossing & race, and now organizes the race every year. Mike is an absolute stud and definitely doesn't meet the definition of a geezer. Love that guy.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Mike Takahashi is the sh*t. Seriously. Quiet underground charger and paddles between the islands. Was one of the first ever to the do the Molokai-to-Oahu Ka'iwi channel crossing & race, and now organizes the race every year. Mike is an absolute stud and definitely doesn't meet the definition of a geezer. Love that guy.
I think I saw a video of the first ever.

It was Clark Abbey talking about it and they just left in the dark and went for it. Said in the video it was him and a few others- maybe Mike?

Pretty wild how far it’s come and now people do crossings with foils

Reactions: sh3

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I think I saw a video of the first ever.

It was Clark Abbey talking about it and they just left in the dark and went for it. Said in the video it was him and a few others- maybe Mike?

Pretty wild how far it’s come and now people do crossings with foils
Clark, Mike, Blair Thorndike, Chris Owens, and just a few others. It was a small group.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Clark, Mike, Blair Thorndike, Chris Owens, and just a few others. It was a small group.
That’s crazy to think about. Just heading out and going for it.

Same with those dudes charging Waimea and north shore back then. Weren’t doing it for the gram or to get sponsor clips for immediate upload to the meta verse.

Just doing it cause they liked charging big waves.

Reactions: sh3

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
great thread at 55 you appreciate everything more , my last trip Oahu Sept -October i so enjoyed talking with the seniors mid day at Makaha , had two boards with me , gave one to lifeguard to give to any grom out there , yes it was a 6-4 greedy Beaver basically new , Lifeguard local goes i got tons of kids that can use this , made my Holiday .