Album Surfboards

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
http://instagr.am/p/CVJLI9-BO7j/
surprised asher is packing this much foam into his plastics.
I am surprised Album doesn't stock offer more models with Asher's dimensions considering most of the IG, videos etc posted of the boards in action are Asher's. Even the descriptions revolve around Asher, and yet the dimensions tend to differ.

Having recently seen the light with the shorter board, they are super fun. Like everyone says, it is like skateboard. Even though I blew it last week surfing the 5' 4" Plasmic in too big of waves, I surfed a 5' 4" Will's fish that handled it. I likey these little boards.

It will be interesting to see where the recent addition Insanity fits in with my preferences. The under the arm test feels great - haha. I am quite stoked on surfing the Insanity.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Greg do you move the twin placement forward as board length increases? For instance if a 5-8 has fins at 7" does a 6-8 also have fins at 7"? Apologies if you've already answered this question on here.
Just got back from a trip ,

My thruster placements on a 5'6 are at 10 5/8" moving forward thru the size ranges to 14" on my 9' longboards

I base my Twins a certain distance rearward of these , so yes they do move forward as the board gets longer

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I am surprised Album doesn't stock offer more models with Asher's dimensions considering most of the IG, videos etc posted of the boards in action are Asher's. Even the descriptions revolve around Asher, and yet the dimensions tend to differ.

Having recently seen the light with the shorter board, they are super fun. Like everyone says, it is like skateboard. Even though I blew it last week surfing the 5' 4" Plasmic in too big of waves, I surfed a 5' 4" Will's fish that handled it. I likey these little boards.

It will be interesting to see where the recent addition Insanity fits in with my preferences. The under the arm test feels great - haha. I am quite stoked on surfing the Insanity.
Back when I ordered these models-before they were official on any sight, etc-that's how Matt was sizing them for me. My lightbender is nowhere near the stock dims. It's much shorter and thicker. Really fun little rippy stick.

Jul 15, 2008
I ordered a dark arts twinsman round-pin, through a retailer here in Europe (february), and someone in the process of making got it wrong and resulting in a swallow twinsman with futures (I ordered FCS).

Mine was the one in yellow. Now waiting again a few months to get the right one and I ordered myself also a Plasmic to compensate for the delay ;).

Frothing to have the RP twinsman for the winter.

Attachments

Jul 15, 2008
that yellow color looks kinda rad.
At the start, I was not sure about having the board all black, so I went for the yellow. Let´s see...

I ordered the Plasmic without color...so fully black. I expect to use the Gryphalite solution instead of wax. Where I live I think that the wax will melt constantly.

I have boards with black rails and they get very hot.

Reactions: Aruka
Jan 28, 2011
NC
Anyone in here on the East Coast or surf punchy beach break? I am in NC and surf the Plasmic 90% of the time I surf (unless it’s really small or bigger/hollow). I can’t get off that thing. I got a Twinsman earlier this year but have found it really works best in a decent wave about chest high or bigger. I have not really clicked with it yet. I am thinking the Lightbender might be a better daily driver, what do you guys think?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Anyone in here on the East Coast or surf punchy beach break? I am in NC and surf the Plasmic 90% of the time I surf (unless it’s really small or bigger/hollow). I can’t get off that thing. I got a Twinsman earlier this year but have found it really works best in a decent wave about chest high or bigger. I have not really clicked with it yet. I am thinking the Lightbender might be a better daily driver, what do you guys think?
My friend and I were just talking about how I ordered my LB and TM rp with this exact setup in mind, but had a similar feeling about my TM... Then realized it was because I keep forgetting what I ordered it for big, juicy waves, and had been using it as a daily driver because it has a ton of range, but the rails are better suited for juice (ordered it that way).

Almost forgot about the month+ I had it on ice waiting for suitable waves, riding the fvck out of my LB making a million super fun turnz like every session. Clicked with it immediately because it's so effing easy to rip that boar.

I imagine a LB would be a great board for NC beachies until things get big and hollow, and you need a more length and a parallel rail line to get you into / out of tubes.

IMO LB is a fantastic DD from thigh / waist up to shoulder.