Brownfish. Mid 90s.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I started on another surf forum. It's spiritual center was Meacom's Pier, now long gone. To make a long story short, I ended up here after being ejected from that one. It'll do.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Entertain me with the story of the lawsuit. I know nothing about it. What do you know?
Then it must've been another Texas poster here.

The only thing I know is an erBB forum member from Texas was involved in an hilarious incident on a Texas surfing forum that ended in some bad blood including legal threats and bannage.

I don't remember the specifics, and the story was told to me by another TX erBB member ( don't remember who).

Anyhow

As stories of bannage are always fun, please entertain us with the long story of how you were "ejected" from the surfing forum you speak of.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Then it must've been another Texas poster here.

The only thing I know is an erBB forum member from Texas was involved in an hilarious incident on a Texas surfing forum that ended in some bad blood including legal threats and bannage.

I don't remember the specifics, and the story was told to me by another TX erBB member ( don't remember who).

Anyhow

As stories of bannage are always fun, please entertain us with the long story of how you were "ejected" from the surfing forum you speak of.
I was on the site for years. The same sort of political discussion that occurs here occurred there, but some of the members who were buddies of the owner/admin of the site took much of my contribution a lot more personally than do folks here. There were tons of contentious topics, tons of characters...gathered in the spirit of Meacom's Pier hijinks.

As I recall, the last thing I posted there was my wish that another poster had advanced in his mechanic career beyond cleaning nuts and bolts. In view of the usual nature of discourse on the site, such a statement would not normally raise an eyebrow. I figure my departure was based on a culmination of my contrarian inputs and constant urging from the admin's easily overwhelmed buddies...or, admin fatigue.

After I was banned, I would check in on the site occasionally even though I couldn't post. I mentioned one or two of its threads here, at least until the owner decided to password-protect viewing. Not too long after that, the site shut down...but why?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I was on the site for years. The same sort of political discussion that occurs here occurred there, but some of the members who were buddies of the owner/admin of the site took much of my contribution a lot more personally than do folks here. There were tons of contentious topics, tons of characters...gathered in the spirit of Meacom's Pier hijinks.

As I recall, the last thing I posted there was my wish that another poster had advanced in his mechanic career beyond cleaning nuts and bolts. In view of the usual nature of discourse on the site, such a statement would not normally raise an eyebrow. I figure my departure was based on a culmination of my contrarian inputs and constant urging from the admin's easily overwhelmed buddies...or, admin fatigue.

After I was banned, I would check in on the site occasionally even though I couldn't post. I mentioned one or two of its threads here, at least until the owner decided to password-protect viewing. Not too long after that, the site shut down...but why?
That's probably the site I was told about.

Maybe someone threatened legal action for whatever reason.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
When I think of posters from Texas... the dipsh!t Disco Tex comes to mind. Doubt he ever even surfed.
There was another poster from Texas... he was a recovering alcoholic and always had great BBQ pics and recipes. Seemed like a solid dude.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
When I think of posters from Texas... the dipsh!t Disco Tex comes to mind. Doubt he ever even surfed.
There was another poster from Texas... he was a recovering alcoholic and always had great BBQ pics and recipes. Seemed like a solid dude.
Disco is Canadian.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Then why he was so emotionally invested in American politics :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Dude was funny though and was good at rent free living.

Pretty much. Shortly after Obama took office he started to lose it.
I thought he quit because Daily Dale asked him too. Kept calling Obama "Bamboo" and surfcat got pretty ticked on it.